Photo
- - - - -

New to Video looking for editing software.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

New to video looking for a inexpensive -$150 video editing program. Is this worth it?
Photoshop Elements 4.0 plus Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. I have CS2 so a little familar with Adobe.

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hi NWDiver

Have a look here Pure Motion

This small company started out as a one man show that puts out some rather good software.

Their DVDLAB Pro is nealy as good as programs costing thousands of dollars more. You can even do custom programming DVD authoring. (VM/Scripting support ) and much more.
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

NWDiver,
If you are PC guy, I would highly recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It is not quite as intuitive as some simpler packages but affords tons of growing room. It actually contains 90% of the Pro version but dumbed down. You can uncover the the advanced features as you progress.
The benefit of this approach is that it positions you for migrating to more professional software and workflow in the future if that is your desire (vs learning a whole new approach down the road).
Shawn

Plus...it has nice integration with photoshop
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#4 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6191 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

Now that Pinnacle Studio 10 is out you can probably find Studio 9 for cheap...

Very easy to use!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#5 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for all the info. At this point I have not even finished the manual for the D200, only using the most basic tools in CS2.

With video I need to edit enough to give my Brother In Law a decent wedding video come October, so simple is good. But in Aug we go to Cocos, thought would be nice to have some video of the hammer heads.

With Photodex I have figured out how to put in "video slides" so will be fun to mix the stills with motion clips.