DAY DVD's

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:27 AM

I just thought I would share with you what can be done with a Windows PC if set up correct.

Today we went out (Me and Kel) and shot the Whale Sharks trips on two boats.
We used a Amphibico Navigator 900, Phenom and a A1.
At 6.00pm I sucked in the all the footage from the camera's.
Edited both both up.
Encoded both up
Compiled and then burnt all the DVD's in just 3 hours..9.00pm
That included a NTSC version for each boat as well. :unsure:

Total sales came to $1,060 AUS dollars for the day :unsure:
Yep we killed the pig today..... and now Im sitting here with a burboun...cheers..
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#2 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:45 AM

Yep we killed the pig today..... and now Im sitting here with a burboun...cheers.

God bless souvenier imaging, not the most glamourous imaging job but it sure can pay consistently well.

Wags , It's Bourbon ( still tastes the same no matter how you spell it. ) Have one or 3 for me :(

Sounds like your whale sharks were alot more appreciated than my pygmy seahorse ( bargibanti ) discovery at the Cod Hole ( Ribbon reef #10 ). :( :( :unsure: :unsure:

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

Damn, I should move to Australia. Is Aus. NTSC or PAL by the way?
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:03 AM

Wags,

I do not know how you sleep at night (with all that cash under your mattress :unsure: )

I got up at 6.30am spent the day filming in a quarry, 3 dives around an hour and a half long..Got home sifted through my footage and went to bed around 11PM..

All in all this cost me £50 for the privilage.. :(

I'm totally in the wrong place.. But I still love every moment of it :unsure:

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hey all, maybe you can help. I thought I would change the photo but that didn't work so choice the same one I always used but and it is in under my profile but no longer next to my name in posts.....I tried contacting Eric but he is probably off somewhere. Any suggestions?
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hi Steve,

If you use the button on Wetpixel for help and support, it will send your note to the admins, NOT just Eric. Worth trying next time, eh?

If you go to your user control panel / profile - you should be able to upload an AVATAR photo to go under your name. Just follow the directions for size, etc.

James

Wags: You are making me jealous - not bad for a day's work.
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#7 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6181 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

Damn Wags!!!!! Great day out!

How many you sell?

Better question... how many did Kelly sell! hahahahahaha

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#8 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:21 AM

Kelly beat me :( but she had more customers.

She sold 11 out of 20 pax and me 8 out of 13 plus a heap our our Naturally Ningaloo DVD's we sell for a special price on the day. Total to make and burn was 19.

There is a guy here one year that sold 20 out of 20 PAX...he had a late night that night. :unsure:

The key to selling is not just how good you film but your interaction with the people on the day. Hey even on days we see not sharks she still sells. :(

Who says we keep the cash under your mattress :( :D

Today she only sold 3 :( only had like 7 pax.

The phenom works real well with the LCD screen shooting them while snorkeling.
Im amazed at how easy it is to push through the water. Funny jumping in with it though or trying to hold it up and get a uptop shot :unsure:

Steve Aus is PAL Land... and Peter, yes my spelling is $#&*^% :P
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#9 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:02 AM

Wags - your spelling is only marginally worse than your maths. :unsure:

You achieved 61% and Kelly only got 55%. That said both a fantastic numbers given that most pax are travelling in groups. The type of %'s you guys have achieved suggest that either you had a day full of singles or it was one of those magic days.

You are absolutely correct on the other part of the sales process - you just have to love a mermaid....... wish I had a whole pod of them.

#10 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:04 AM

Yes my maths are bad as well :(

Funny thing though, it was a windy, rough horrible day.....strange how that works.
Other days we see Whales, lots of good slow Sharks, Mantas on a flat perfect day etc etc and no one is interested :(

We sell them for $50 AUS each and they cost us less than a buck each to make.
We keep 100% of sales, but like I say, anyone is welcome to do it... just be prepared for those days were you make zero $$. I can remember doing 8 days straight for zero $$ a few years ago. <_< :unsure: :D

I can also remember a day where we had only 6 pax and I sold 8 :unsure: :(

It's Kelly's first year doing it and I'm amazed at her sales.
No you can not have her Peter. :P

#11 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6181 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

Good stuff Wags...

I need a girlfriend it sounds like..... :unsure:

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#12 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:33 AM

Mike I think you need at least two so one can do vids and the other stills. :unsure: or maybe a harem of them :unsure:

The other day the weather was horrible and we killed the pig. Today it was perfect, sharks swimming around in circles and each boat having a shark or two each and only 4 sales. <_< Strange how that happens.

Anyhow I got some cool shots with the Phenom and Kelly still made more than the skippers for the day. :(