• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KTIVideo

KTIVideo

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:55 PM

Has anyone but me had a problem with Equinox? It’s been almost a year that they have my money for a housing I returned and they refuse to honor their word and credit my credit card. I have contacted the Michigan States attorney’s office and they tell me that equinox has been un-responsive to them on my matter. I purchased a HDV Z1 housing from them in August of 2005 and found it would not work for the shoot I was embarking on and I let them know this the next day. Although TJ Mansfield said they don’t accept housings back, since it was unused he would take it back and charge me a restocking fee, this was also backed up with an email from Kristen Maxwell, an employee of Equinox. Without going through the whole timeline at this point, I’m still out my $3000.00 at this point. Has anyone else had any trouble with this company? I find it hard to believe I’m in this situation! I’m thinking of calling the Michigan State Police at this point and filling a complaint about credit card fraud!

#2 kriptap

kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

If you used your card then there is some kind of insurance on it, I would pursue that as well.

#3 KTIVideo

KTIVideo

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the advice but, that was the first thing I tried. The Credit Card company was very helpful. But the fine print of the invoice said "All housings are custom built, No returns" I, like many of you run a small business and I value my clients satisfaction, even if they are unhappy for some reason.