• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

Just finished rendering the Bonaire video with Vegas 6 into HDV 1080-60i intermediate Video for Windows.avi format with the Cineform HDV codec and playback is choppy using either Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. A message is displayed indicating that Media Player cannot download the appropriate codec to play the file. Any ideas or suggestions as to which codec should be used and where it may be available? Thanks for your help.

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

HI David
Hows things.

Just wondering, have you been trying out different Aspect HD versions. I did and it messed things up abit, so I uninstalled aspect and reinstalled and away WMP went.

Wags
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:34 AM

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the response. I re-rendered the file into .wmv format and it plays perfectly with Windows Media Player. Interestingly the .wmv file (1440x1080) is 4.04Gb and the same file rendered as .avi is 47.1Gb. Did not expect to see such a disparity in size.

Just received my port back from Amphibico after correcting the vignetting situation. Also received the new port plus a set of Tiffen diopters and your manual White Balance fix. Now I just need to see about getting it all wet (on the outside, just the outside).

By the way, love your clips. Keep up the good work.

David

#4 FatFish

FatFish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:30 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and will browse through the archives to see more clues, but I'm doing some work now and its driving me crazy.

I use Premiere pro 2.0 and have captured my footage in the mpeg format and it looks great. Now what I want to do is edit down my footage and take the best bits for my footage library, however, I cannot manage to do this. The only format that is close to the quality, uncompressed AVI is ridiculously large. I just want to save it in the same format that it already is. You mentioned different Aspect HD versions, what is that??

Ive been using standard premiere for years with DV and only recently changed over to HDV, its great but like being a beginner again.

Thanks

#5 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

Fat Fish
Apspect HD is a plugin for Premiere Pro 2 and 1.5.

Editiing raw m2t files is very very hard unless you have a super fast computer, so Aspect HD converts it to a AVI format as it comes into the computer which is easier for the computer to edit.

You will need lots of space as the AVI files are much larger than the m2t mpeg ones. I have over a 1000 GIGS :)

Once you edit the clips you then need to encode out a m2t file and then send it back to the camera in HDV mode. You cannot send it back like mini DV in real time from the timeline.

If you are using Prem Pro 2 then you need Cineforms Aspect 4 version. You can download it ant try for 15 days.

Have Fun.. :D
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#6 FatFish

FatFish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:37 AM

Cheers Wagsy,

I got onto the Aspects site last night I'll give that a go today. How many gis per hour are you looking at for the footage?? Just so that I know if I'm doing it right.

#7 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

Once it gets conveted to Aspects AVI format, then 1 hour will take up around 30 GIGS.