2 replies to this topic

#1 wesley

wesley

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:travel/motorcycles/diving/photography

Posted 20 January 2003 - 11:28 AM

Trying to get a housing for my D100 is becoming more and more difficult. None seem to be available except for the Sea and Sea and everyone seems to be giving it the thumbs down. Anybody have any positive experiences or insights into the sea and sea housing?

#2 craig

craig

Full Moon Rising

• Super Mod
  • 2826 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:38 PM

I think it depends on your expectations. Many will be happy with the DX100.

It is larger than some of the other housings, although not all that big IMO. The extra size allows it to be more neutral and provides space for a tray which makes camera removal/insertion convenient. The extra size causes it to travel less well, and the size+tray makes the controls less reliable theoretically.

I have one which has been on one dive trip. I've had a number of control problems but none that couldn't be overcome with time and practice. I will be selling it in favor of (most likely) the Nexus housing.

Of course, the Nexus is considerably more money and unavailable. It is smaller and almost certainly harder to set up and service (change lenses, ports and batteries). Whether you like the Sea and Sea is mostly up to you. Ports are a significant issue as well.
I love it when a plan comes together.
- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

------
Nikon, Seatool, Nexus, Inon
My Galleries

#3 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:01 PM

Wesley,

How long have you had this camera?

Another option is to swap it back for an S2 - They are the same price here in UK but not sure about your location...