#21 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

Nick
I am just finishing up my Tulamben and Pandang Bai videos as well. I am amazed how many of the exact same fish you have in your shots from Tulamben that I have. You have a very steady hand (or use a nice u/w tripod) and have captured some great interactions (cleaning, chasing, feeding). I liked the macro shots a lot. I might have enjoyed a little more sense or motion in the wide shots (motion is what video is all about). I also might have include some shots that show the dense coral coverage and teaming fish life on the wreck (you focused mainly on individual species at a time...did a great job of it mind you).
Great work!
Shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#22 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:49 AM

Yes indeed Shawn, lots of the same stuff and the Padang Bai stuff makes especially makes me want to get back there for more.

I notice you've got away with a much lower bitrate than me. How did you encode your WMV files? Straight out of FCP or how?

What camera and lights were you using at that time? That was pre-Bluefin HD days right?

Nick

#23 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

Nick,
For the DV stuff stuff I was shooting with my TRV950 in the L&M housing. I was using the L&M HID lights for that. My videos I am referring to in my post are not yet posted (the ones up there are my older ones). The new ones are HDV and much crisper and cleaner...i hope other agree:)

I used Premiere to encode these files....this was pre FCP days. My new wmv encoder is much better (the Wagsenator)!
Shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com