• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markh

markh

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 05:16 AM

I see a new inland dive site has just opened in the UK (S Wales). Perhaps some competition for Stoney Cove....... I think not. The brochure advertises "Superb visibility". Unbelievably the picture on the brochure shows a different story i.e. the usual British crap viz. ....Who do they think they are kidding!!! Oh and here's the best of it its only 12 ($20) to get in each time!!!!!!!

Dream on guys. Just because its"diving" its an excuse to rip everyone off.

Perhaps after a few months when they realise us so called "mugs" are not walking through the doors, the price will come down. Watch this space in 6 months for an update!!

I for one will not be parting with my crisp cracklies. :angryfire:

Mark

PS heres the website should anyone want a good laff

http://nationaldivingcentre.com/
Dirk Pitt taught me everything!!!!
E10/Titan housing/1 x Sea & Sea 90 Duo

#2 paddy diver

paddy diver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:56 AM

>I see a new inland dive site has just opened in the UK

If you bothered to read the website properly you see it's not open yet but opening on the 22nd feb

>Perhaps some competition for Stoney Cove....... I think not.

Have you been there / dived it? How would you know?

>The brochure advertises "Superb visibility". Unbelievably the picture on the
>brochure shows a different story i.e. the usual British crap viz. ...

I refer the honorable gentleman to the previous question! If you want good viz go abroad but don't grumble about something that we don't have any control over. Get over it!!

>Who do they think they are kidding!!!

The diving community in the UK has been screaming for a descent, deep (you neglected to say that it's up to 80m deep) site with proper facilities for some time. It'll be the only inland site in the UK with it's own recompression chamber. I suppose you know stoney's getting rid of theirs.

>Oh and here's the best of it its only 12 ($20) to get in each time!!!

I don't know about you but a day's hardboat diving on the south coast costs me 35 quid. Granted that I'd prefer to be in the sea any day but 12 quid for a day's diving hardly seems expensive. You want a fully stocked shop, gas station, catering facilities, changing rooms, toilets, rescue facitities etc etc and you want it all for nothing!!!!!! I imagine that these guys have put considerable investment into developing a new site that is an alternative venue to stoney and you're burying it before it's even open!!! What's that about???

>I for one will not be parting with my crisp cracklies.

They probably don't want you there if you moan like this all the time.

Forgive the rant, but dont' whinge about something before you've been there / dived it and can actually make a report based on fact rather moaning because the entry fee is 2 quid more than stoney

#3 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:36 AM

I don't understand. All our diving here that would be just like the photo, you walk into the water put your fins on and dive. I suppose though that we pay the day pass to enter the Canadian National Parks so that would be similiar.

Is this on private land is that why there is a fee? Kind of like the springs diving in Florida.

I personally don't need the catering, dive shop etc to do a dive. The bathrooms are nice but...
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#4 SParkinson

SParkinson

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:43 AM

I have not intention of starting a war here either but lets wait and see what it's all about before you start slating it... I personally live in London so an extra few 's is hardly here nor there... if it's a good site then I'll certainly give it my custom.

The website also mentions that if you're a member then entry is reduced to 9.50...the difference being what... a pint of beer?

Lets give it a chance.. we have few enough inland sites in this country and this one certainly has everything you'll need for a decent days diving.
Regards
Steve