• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

OK guys,
I've pulled out all the stops and put up a 27.2MB montage of clips here for those who want to see how I see the world underwater. The montage is called TRIBUTE and basically contains a bunch of stuff from both Yap and Palau. The intro title sequence was created in Apple Motion. The file is mp4 format so anyone with an mp4 browser or quicktime should be able to see it. Sorry but I don't have a plug in that will allow me to create .wmv files.........wagsy, maybe you'd be a fair sport and help out with that ???? ;) :D I'd like to share this with the team here at WetPixel as I see it you guys appreciate this work more than the average Joe Blow in the street.

OK thats enough blathering. Hope you enjoy my vision, my TRIBUTE

Cheers,
Mark.

Edited by Wags on 5/08/2006
Here is Marks wmv file to download.
TRIBUTE 18megs

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#2 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

P.S
All shot on my trusted old VX1000 in the Sealux housing. The system that's for sale in the classifieds.......hint, hint.

Mark.

#3 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

Very nicely done, Mark. Bravo. Of course, I'm really partial to the Motion brush stoke elements, and you selected some very moving and appropriate shots for just the right places in the soundtrack. Good mix of macro and wide, I thought, and good camera work.

My only thought would be to maybe drop the opacity a bit on the watermark, or blend/composite it (multipy) to give it a slightly more organic presence so it doesn't distract from the great visuals, but marks your footage nonetheless.

Wonderful work!

#4 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Mary Lynn,
I was thinking about reducing the opacity on the watermark but decided to go with it as is. I will observe that protocol for the submission of the project we discussed. This is just a small sample of work from the past few years. There are so many different clips I wanted to use but prefer not to have images changing every 2 seconds. People need to see the fluidity of motion underwater, at least thats my opinion on it.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the time taken to respond.

Regards,
Mark.

#5 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:06 PM

Great clip there Mark. I love that clear blue water, just makes it so much better to shoot in. Your on a winnner for sure...just have to re shoot it all in HDV now. ;)

I have been camping and just got back but will encode it to wmv for you.

Liked that intro title sequence as well...well done.

Cool dude...I think we really have to come and visit you over there one day soon.

I'll do the wmv file for you now.
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

Every shot is a money shot, no fillers here. Love the mandarin sequences. Really well done
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#7 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

Thanks Steve,
For those of you who want the wmv version, courtesy of good old Wagsy you can get that here.

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks again for taking a peep at this short compilation.

Mark.

#8 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

Very nicely done Mark. Excellent opening and some truly great shots. It is amazing what can be done with some of the older equipment. I would have preferred a single music track but that is just being picky. Can only imagine what you could accomplish with High Definition.

#9 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

Watch this space David......the new gear is all on the way. I'll be throwing the Zee around in anger within a week......gotta play catch up to Wagsy..... ;)

#10 globaldiver

globaldiver

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, UW-videography, Photography

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

Very, very nice...

I think you will be thrilled with your new HDV equipment, and I am hoping you will share some footage captured with your new setup as well.

Anders
Sony HVR-Z1U, Light & Motion Bluefin HD, L&M Bluefin HD wide angle lens/wide angle flip macro lens, Halcyon Apollo Dual 50W HID/13.5A, ULCS light arms,
Canon EOS 350D

#11 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:57 PM

Anders,
No problems. As soon as things start taking shape I'll be posting my findings and clips from the new equipment. Looking forward to it all to say the least.

Regards,
Mark.