• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hello All,

The lastest DiveFilm Podcast Video episode is up: Matthew D'Avella's hauntingly beautiful "Elements of Black Water."

The first time I saw this video on the web (as one of the 2006 Kona Classic top three videos) it really grabbed me. I enjoy Blue Water diving, and love the pelagic animals encountered in that sometimes slightly disorienting open ocean environment. But this takes it even further out there into pelagic night diving: Black Water. There's just something magical about pelagic night diving that Matthew has successfully captured in this wonderful little film.

The podcast can be accessed by clicking here if you have iTunes (version 4.9 or higher) on your computer, or click on the link in the righthand navigation bar of this webpage to learn more.

Thank you, Matthew for allowing your film to be podcast as episode 26 of DiveFilm Podcast Video! For more info on Matthew D'Avella, who is a boat captain and dive guide on the famous Kona Night Manta Dives by night, and a woodworker by day, check out Matthew's website.

Hope you enjoy this podcast!

Mary Lynn

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:22 AM

Mary you are the underwater Podcasting Queen... ;)

Matthew's narrating and macro shots were wonderfull.

Well done Mathew if you are reading this...can I buy a table from ya :D
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 LioKai

LioKai

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

Thank you for the complements. Sure Waqsy, I'll build you a table. That way I can afford to keep diving! HAHAHA

Matthew

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

Really well done. I can never remember the names of some of these things. You certainly did your research. I'm the only diver in the world who has never dove Hawaii and I am finally getting there in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.