• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

Apparently Musashi( a japanese restaurant in the hyatt) is serving shark's fin soup for $88 (how fatt is that). I would appreciate it greatly if anyone has time to run by and take a quick pic of the advertisment or even the menu. Thanks in advance.
You may email me at drew at wetpixel.com

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:28 AM

Hey Drew, I am in Oahu but on the other side of the island. I may be going to Waikiki during the weekend, if I do I will stop by and try to take a picture. By the way, I walked by a few fish markets in Honolulu's Chinatown last week and didn't see any shark products. Very sad if true...

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#3 frogfish

frogfish

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:03 AM

Has there been any progress on this? Does anyone have the pic of the advertisement, or the shark fin product itself?

Frogfish
Robert Delfs

Nikon D2X in Subal housing.
Tabula Int'l Ltd.

#4 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:57 AM

I'll be at the Sheraton on Waikiki Beach next Sunday. If you can't get one by then, let me know and I'll make a trip over there.
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#5 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:06 AM

Thanks Gary. If you have the time please do. I'd like to make some waves against the restaurant and Hyatt for allowing it.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.