3 replies to this topic

#1 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1597 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:24 AM

I have been asked to shoot a couple of wrestling tournaments and sell the pics, but I don't have anything other than my laptop to place on the table and run the images for people to select from. I know this is off topic but I thought that someone on here would have the knowledge to share with me regarding what kind of viewing system is typical at most sports photography events so parents and participants can view for a pic of them and then purchase it. I am looking at not leaving a 3k laptop out on the table, rather something more secure and appropriate for mass viewing.

Any hints?
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:02 PM

Joe,
It sounds like you will be set up at a table or platform of some kind, similar to the booths at Dema and other shows. Why not take a small ntsc monitor and hook it up that way.
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1989 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

A friend of mine does something similar regularly. He passes out small business cards to everyone and everything with a link to a website. On the site people can order prints of the images which uses a commercial online printing service..

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#4 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1597 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

Yes, I'd be setting up a table, so the NTSC monitor sounds about right. I can get a cheap laptop that will run all the time, showing the collection of images.

Thanks for the advice.

Joe
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com