• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:50 AM

Hi guys,
Lots of info being mentioned about the Expodisc so I contacted, and contacted, and contacted the company. The only response is that they are currently looking at developing an external filter to work on Ikelite housings. I mentioned that there are a lot of shooters using other housing options who would also be interested in potentially finding external filters for housings. Cut and pasted me the same response each time. So I'm now looking to try and make my own which I will use with the Fathoms 120. Problem is there is only one flip filter arm so I have to look at making an external option.

I have the design idea down, no problem. What I'm lacking is the exact breakdown of elements for the Expodisc. If I recall correctly, I saw Erics report on his adaptation for the L&M housing, there is the white plastic element, then a clear plastic element which seperates the white from another third element. It appears that the third element which points to the sun, has a surface consisting of triangular raised components similar to a shower screen type arrangement. Confirmation or close shots would be great. I'd really appreciate some kind of listing of element thicknesses too, if poss.

Thanks,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6187 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:48 AM

looks to me like the cover of a ceiling fluorescent light box

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#3 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:56 AM

Hey Mark,

If you come up with one great..I'm interested.

Its like a 'Blue Peter' style wetpixel moment..Only hopefully you won't be using sticky- back -plastic :) :blink:

Keep up the good work

Dive safe

DeanB

P.s..I wonder if Alex is stuck in his 'magic' workshop doing the same thing :blink:
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#4 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

Mike,
If you can find a 12" square sheet of the stuff from an errant light cover at MRBH send it over, sure Bill won't mind. :)

Dean, I have my Blue Peter Badge from a few years back when I made a Microwave oven from a hairdryer so no worries. Just forgot to add a a door latch and the poor pooch......well lets just say he never shivered again!

Get Brown Shep!!!! hahahha :blink:

S'OK guys, its a Brit thing.
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -