Photo
- - - - -

Sardine Run Video 06 (link and embedded video)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:52 AM

Very nice...

The music accompanies the mood as well..

A concised blue planet...

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#22 fairybasslet

fairybasslet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

But I do the NY dude... not duuuude, but dude.

And don't make fun of pretty boy's poking... even whales have taste.

Ellen, I guarantee no animals were mistreated in the making of that video.

I trust you Drew. But what about the still photographers? Bwaa haaa haaa

#23 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

They were saying americanism had taken hold of australia and the world after our waitron(you've haven't gone there yet!) said "are you guys done?"

See, I would argue that your service professional using a term like that is a good reason to start using, enjoying and revelling in the more "ocker" 'strine that Irwin (and I, for that matter) use in day to day conversation. It's all about preserving and using the more attractive elements of our distinctive culture in an increasingly homogeneous world, we need to take our Blundstones, Jackie Howe singlets and rather nasal vowel sounds and stride out into the world, demonstrating that Australia is still a distinctive place and not just the 52nd state.

JMHO, dude.

:rolleyes:
Why would I take a perfectly good camera underwater??
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

Photo galleries @ Ruaux.net

#24 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10634 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

See, I would argue that your service professional using a term like that is a good reason to start using, enjoying and revelling in the more "ocker" 'strine that Irwin (and I, for that matter) use in day to day conversation. It's all about preserving and using the more attractive elements of our distinctive culture in an increasingly homogeneous world, we need to take our Blundstones, Jackie Howe singlets and rather nasal vowel sounds and stride out into the world, demonstrating that Australia is still a distinctive place and not just the 52nd state.

JMHO, dude.

:rolleyes:

Ozzie,please.
The ozzie accent is just an outback version of Eliza Doolittle with o/u/e vowels at the back of almost every word. Just like the american accent is irish derived. So really we should all go back to the native language of the continents before the empire stretched out. Then again how far back do we go? The Arabs/jews/christians prefer to use the creationist scale. Go back to too far and our arms are longer than our legs (or the women are still ribbin'us for our christian brothers (ouch!))
Intercultural mixing is as natural as the sardine run. Besides the best americanism export is now ebonics, and you know most americans can't do the ozzie accent... so you will be assimilated. :unsure:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#25 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6182 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:21 PM

Hey Craig.... how do you pronounce your own name? Aussies can't pronounce R....

:rolleyes: :unsure:

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#26 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

Hey Craig.... how do you pronounce your own name?

Poorly, and I know it. :glare: I nearly died with pleasure the night I checked into a hotel in Paris and the maƮtre de pronounced my surname correctly, without prompting.

The only thing funnier than French with my Australian accent is Spanish with my Australian accent.
Why would I take a perfectly good camera underwater??
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

Photo galleries @ Ruaux.net

#27 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10634 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:44 AM

Well it's beats no french or spanish and just the ozzie accent.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#28 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

What is 'strewth' supposed to mean? That's one I never heard of? Noun, verb? How is it used?
I'm originally a proud New Yorker, and my California students still, after almost 30 years, ask for an interpreter because of my NY accent.
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#29 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

What is 'strewth' supposed to mean? That's one I never heard of? Noun, verb? How is it used?
I'm originally a proud New Yorker, and my California students still, after almost 30 years, ask for an interpreter because of my NY accent.
Steve B)

Cor Blimey guv'nor,
Thats why I never done the instructing lark, couldn't get on wiv it mate. Too mauch fannying around trying to gets other muppets up to scratch so they could empty their googles ahhht at the end of the sessions. Then there was the cleaning of the kit. Some muppets would jimmy riddle in their clobber, God that would pen and ink. Alls I could do at the end of the day was go dahhn the rub a dub for some claret before going back to the manor to see the trouble and strife. Dog and bone wouldn't stop ringing coz peeps wanted more lessons. Each day would see me cream krackered as I went up the apples and pairs to crash.

Simple,
:blink:
Mark

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#30 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:NATURAL HISTORY
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:50 AM

Haha excellent Mark - I still av excellent mates that bleedin' talk like that! Of course if you were a tru Bow Bells cor blimey, you'd only speak the last word of the couplets, or do I av to shaat 'cos yer mutt'n?

Sony RX100+Nauticam+Sea&Sea YS-D1; Sony FX1+Light and Motion BlueFin+SunRay Pro, Sony A1, Nikon D80

#31 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:06 AM

JEEEEEZZZZZAAAAAARRSSSSSEEEE !!!

Gerrrr off my traktore yer apple snatcher..!!! Or eye pop ya pumpkin.

Or something like that..

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk