• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:25 AM

For those who want to hear what it sounds like for a gannet hitting the water, watch this vid with a good set of speakers that can hit 35hz. I didn't notice it myself since I edited that on a laptop. Only when a friend who just emailed me to tell me it was there that I found out.
Listen for the thumps just before you see the gannets enter the pic.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 kriptap

kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:29 AM

I've been in the water for somthing like that myself, one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

#3 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

Hey that's cool Drew...what's the blob in the middle of some shots...

Har Har was to quick....just read ya credits....funny.....
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#4 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

Well worth the 25mins to download that lot...

It looks great out there..

Personnally I'd take a speargun with you on the next trip. People might start avoiding 'The crazy dude with the cam and gun'...

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#5 docyaoun

docyaoun

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

Dear Scubadru,
I am a biologist in japan working on seabirds, especially gannets. A colleague sent me the link to your video of plunging gannets and I was really impressed by it. I was wondering if you would allow me to use a small sequence of it (fully credited to you, of course) in a research article that deals with the plunge features of this bird. The video shows exactly what I recorded on a gannet using a minitature accelerometer attached to the bird and this could be a good suport for the paper. Please let me know if you accept. In the meantime, thanks for the nice video.
Have a nice day,
Yan

[quote name='scubadru' post='100362' date='Sep 5 2006, 06:25 PM']
For those who want to hear what it sounds like for a gannet hitting the water, watch this vid with a good set of speakers that can hit 35hz. I didn't notice it myself since I edited that on a laptop. Only when a friend who just emailed me to tell me it was there that I found out.
Listen for the thumps just before you see the gannets enter the pic.

Edited by Wags.....so as to not have two clips runing on this page....

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

Dean, It downloaded for me instantly. What kind of system are you using? If it is a PC, have you defragged your hard drive lately?
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.