• 380 posts
  • Interests:NATURAL HISTORY
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:01 AM

That bloody hacker nuked my earlier post, so I'm re-posting this short 10 min Belize doco for your comments and advice. I've deleted the 80meg file. So here are a couple of smaller files for those without cable:

Full moon in Belize 24meg MP4 MoonPod.mp4
Full moon in Belize 24meg AVI MoonPod.avi

And here is the embedded version

Enjoy! Cheers, Nick

Edited by NickJ, 18 September 2006 - 11:59 PM.

Sony RX100+Nauticam+Sea&Sea YS-D1; Sony FX1+Light and Motion BlueFin+SunRay Pro, Sony A1, Nikon D80

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

Hi Nick
Nice little clip there. Poor old Floppy Whale Sharks getting abit of a hard time there.....

Hows the FX1 going...got it wet wet...

I'm still playing around with the A1......seem to have found a better way to set it up and drive it underwater as well :) ... you will have to wait till I have released me review to find out what I came up with......but it does improve the picture quality :) :) :( ...and no it has nothing to do with the black stretch thing...
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1378 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

Hi Nick

Loved the video - a real good watch.

It did look like the gentle giants were getting a bit harrassed at times. After seeing someone who should have known better grab hold of a Whale Shark I'm always a bit tetchy when people get right in their face, so to speak. Did you feel that there was a lack of control by the operators while you were in the water with them?

Got any more to share with us??! :)

Cheers, Simon

#4 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

Actually the clip where it looks like a diver is touching the back of his hand on the WS was him checking his depth gauge, as we were regularly bouncing up and down from the surface to around 35m. I got into some serious deco on the first dive ...

The operators insist that no harassing is allowed, though I'll admit we were very close at times. The WSs did not seem to mind as now that the park has applied strict regulations (limit the number of divers, out at 5pm before the real feeding starts, no touching etc) they are much more relaxed than a few years earlier when hundereds of divers and snorkellers were really harassing them - riding on their backs, pulling fins etc.

Over all the park does a good job I believe, and there is a definite sense to doing the right thing - unlike some other operations in developing countries I've visited.

Good comments. Thanks!

Sony RX100+Nauticam+Sea&Sea YS-D1; Sony FX1+Light and Motion BlueFin+SunRay Pro, Sony A1, Nikon D80

#5 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:13 AM

I'm now up and running with the embedded video running from my own site. This is an uber-cool feature Eric, many thanks!