6 replies to this topic

#1 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 05:25 PM

Men's Medium Scubapro Classic BCD with Air2 inflator/reg

Several years old, but in great working condition -- just serviced two months ago. It's a bit too large for me, and I just don't use it anymore.

$200
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#2 Reefkeep

Reefkeep

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:08 PM

If it was an XL I would be all over it.

#3 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:22 PM

I just checked, and it's actually a Men's MEDIUM! How can that be too big for me?

*sigh*

;)

#4 Reefkeep

Reefkeep

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 04:53 PM

ScubaPro is the only BC maker that used Clips to secure the weight pockets rather than velcro. I find that after 100 or so dives the velcro gets week and your weights become a thing of the past at some point.

Mares has improved on velcro but it's not big improvment. However, Scubapro in not very popular with any of the internet companys in the states. =(

#5 Kasey

Kasey

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:09 AM

Re)Scubapro is not very popular...

Scubapro is responsible enough to prohibit internet dealers from selling their products. Don't misinterpret this as the dealers' choice!!!

Kasey
Seacam F100;D2x; 60mm;105mm;16mm;17-35; 10.5mm;12-24mm
Sea & Sea strobes
www.underthecaribbean.com

#6 Reefkeep

Reefkeep

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:01 AM

I agree and disagree,

Scubapro like every other dealer has little control over where the merchandise ends up. If a demand exists you will find it on a discount web site.

Places like leisure pro buy bulk merchandise from dealers who are bankrupt, thus the reason only some items are really good deals. In fact you can find the gray market Scubapro regulators on almost every internet web sites. It's just the BC's that seem difficult.

(Side note)
Diversdirect and Diverssupply are the two largest dive chains in the US, (both have internet sales as well) neither carry Scubapro.

I do however agree Scuba pro makes a fine product. The scubapro regulator are very popular and easy to obtain in the US the BCDs are not, but that only seems to be the case in the US.

The below web based companies carry the BCDs.

I have ordered from scubastore.com several times in the past, great employees, great pricing, great shipping but the selection is speratic at best. If I place an order today from Scubastore (Spain) and Leisure Pro(NY) I'll get the order from Spain before the one from NY. I live in Florida....

I just found simply.com, has anyone tried them? Good experiences or bad?

http://www.scubastore.com

http://www.simplyscuba.com

#7 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 12:21 AM

Lowered price to $200