DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

I'll be there this year! And hope to meet up with all the Wetpixel folks who are going!

Eric, I plan to have my Verizon card with me as well. Won't need to use it very often....

Mary Lynn
DiveFilm.com

#22 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:06 PM

We're going to plan a meeting for drinks on the evening of the 9th or 10th. Wetpixel buys the first round! (more info as the date gets closer)

Same as last year I got Aquatica covering a round (Blake say's it should'nt be that expensive since Mike Veitch won't be there :blush: ) if it's half what it wat last year, it will be tons of fun. :blush:

Regards

Jean Bruneau
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#23 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

Hey folks,
I expect to be there on Fri and Sat. I will be busy with with a few projects while there but would love to connect with you all.
shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#24 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6188 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

(Blake say's it should'nt be that expensive since Mike Veitch won't be there ;) )

Regards

Jean Bruneau

Blake is buying?!? sweet.... i will call Continental now!! :blush: :blush:

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#25 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:32 AM

(Reposted from the Industry forum)
I shall be at DEMA as usual. Please introduce yourself before you hit me! (It gets so confusing otherwise.)

Attached Images

• 0406deepb1.jpg

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#26 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6188 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#27 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:23 AM

you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

What video? I thought it was a microwave oven!

(You would not believe I have directed films in Hollywood! Yes, it is true.)

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#28 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:44 AM

I expect that I can contribute some fine Australian Wine to the cause, and can get TAKA DIVE AND assorted other boat operators to contrubute.

#29 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

Hey, guys.

Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

How about the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar, 8pm, Friday the 10th?
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#30 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

That's probably as good a place as any, at least to start..... :)
Make sure everyone is clear that it is the Rosen Center and NOT the Rosen Plaza. They are similar hotels on either side of the convention center, the Plaza is a little closer.

Hey, guys.

Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

How about the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar, 8pm, Friday the 10th?

Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#31 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:55 AM

Lobby bar can get rowdy too.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#32 Nemo

Nemo

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

I will be there for the duration, mostly at the Dive Rite booth but I will be making the rounds.

Nemo
Nemo - D70 + 17-55mm, 70 - 200 VR, 35 f2, 10.5, Sigma 15, 60 Macro, Nexus D70 housing, Optima CCR & more dive gear than the ave. store

#33 joe k

joe k

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

Hi!

I've been enjoying Wet pixel since Eric invited me to check it out @ Dema (best tip in dismal Houston show).

I havn't participated as I've been a film luddite (aside from weighing in on salvage issue, once). Going to Dema to pu housing (finally!). Then I'll join the dialoge w/ gusto.

THanks,

Joe K

#34 AllisonFinch

AllisonFinch

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Caves, photos and long distance travel to dive.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

:)

Sure would be nice if we had a way to identify each other. How about some sort of symbol we can add to our name badges?

#35 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:38 AM

We should all have hats like Eric's :D

#36 belizediversity

belizediversity

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

I'll be there for a few days from the 9th. So the 10th sounds good to me to have a social.
To see the best in Belize and beyond visit www.martinspraggphotography.com

#37 underwatercolours

underwatercolours

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:skinny dipping, sailing, snow skiing, water skiing, art galleries, classic cars, flying

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:05 PM

Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

Bonnie

#38 dhaas

dhaas

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Definitely earlier is OK by me. Since the show closes each night at 6 p.m.

dhaas
David Haas
www.haasimages.com

#39 kathymm

kathymm

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

Bonnie

I think we could be there a little earlier. We can warm the place up a bit!

Kathy

http://www.divermaiden.com
SCUBA Diver, Photographer, Grandma

#40 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

Sorry I will miss out on the gathering. I'm getting in on Tuesday evening but will be leaving Friday, early evening on the 10th. Hoist a R & C or two for me!!!
Hopefully, I will meet some of you on the floor during the day.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.