• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 iman

iman

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:47 AM

This edited version of our diving trips all over Indonesia,from Alor, Komodo, Lembeh, Raja Ampat, Maratua, Sangalaki, Bali,Ambon, also special thanks for Gary Hayes, Ian Huggins, Daniel Carnadie for contributing their footages, to make this video show completed.
I dedicated this as a birthday present for my beloved buddy.
...come with me !!!

Enjoy

#2 niaewn

niaewn

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:08 AM

excellent video iman!!
thank you for sharing yur journey with us.. now, i can feel all indonesian underwater in me....

Edited by niaewn, 26 September 2006 - 03:13 AM.

#3 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:18 AM

Great video and editing work. I have dived and filmed a number of those spots and enjoyed seeing them again.
thanks for sharing.
shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10596 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Iman
You have some excellent topside stuff. The dolphin topside sequence was top notch.
Oh and the girls weren't too shabby either. :blush:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

Iman, Loved the dolphin shots and the boat coming to the beach into the cam. Really well edited.
Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:28 PM

Another nice video Iman. That crappy YouTube encode doesn't really do it justice.

The aerial shots are awesome. I must remember to charter a plane the next time I'm there :)

If you want to improve then I suggest you start using colour correction in your editing software. The overly red stuff like the roll in, the clownfish and the kiss could be easily fixed.

#7 peacedog

peacedog

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

If you want to improve then I suggest you start using colour correction in your editing software.

Color correction is my achilles heel. Tough being a colorblind u/w video guy. Alas.

This was a very well-edited piece. You don't see this kind of pacing often enough in what we do. Fair play - I really, really enjoyed it and you have some really awesome footage!
Sony Z1U
L&M Bluefin HD
LiquidAssets TV

#8 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Yo' Dog, I'm color blind too. I just have my wife or Mary Lynn look at it for me and they let me know when red is really green.;-)Steve B)
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#9 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

Great clip....were you up in a ultra light to get those front fly over shots.

Cool....
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#10 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

That is a very cool clip! I also especially enjoyed the aerial shots, really adds a lot to the feel of the piece. I also enjoyed the people shots.

But it would be so much better to watch if it wasn't using the YouTube encoding! I look forward to more of your work, Iman, thank you for sharing that!

Mary Lynn

#11 iman

iman

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

yes, im still looking arround which system or web will deliver good result...googles seems to be good...