Decklink Intensity 4:2:2 question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:UW videography, tec diving<br />literature (novels)<br />diplomacy

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:10 AM

To add my 2 cents (however my reply should be in the post-production topics):

As you see a I have a Z1, however I took into consideration to change my config for the V1. Not only the 25/4p but the HDMI out can be very interesting. Why? Check the following site: Decklink Intensify. It promises that with an HDV cam, wich has an HDMI output you can work in 4:2:2 quality, if you use theirs Intensfy capture card (for mac and for windows also).

Actually I have bad feelings because of the marketing. Decklink talks about eliminating the HDV compression artifacts if you use their product. I do not know the improvement is really so good or not. One you have your HDV-compressed footage on your tape (and it is in 4:2:0) how a hell can it be again 4:2:2 (as it was just after coming out from the CCD-s?).

If it is true it sounds very promising to make batter qualty post-production work. (Or you can buy a sony m25 deck wich has also an HDMI output, or a small HC3 as the cheapest solution to have HDMI out)

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

Jules, Decklink Intensify is a online system. You have to connect directly to the card and computer for a "live feed", not via tape. It's not marketing that's bad, it's just assuming that people reading would know it's online. :)

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.