Edius 4 Vary Slow Mo & Vary CC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

I thought I would post a clip of some vary slow mo and CC done in Edius 4 editing in HDV.

It all played back on the timeline in realtime. :)

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#2 skawdiver

skawdiver

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

You seem to have a problem with the whitebalance there...... :(

And the music - try to hold back on the Bourbon :)

Very impressive editing there Wags B)
Hans Christian Andersen - www.skawdiver.com • Underwater film production in Scandinavia
Sony PD-170 + Amphibico Housing + Amphibico monitor + Kowalski 1250D Speed lights
Sony TRV 310E + Ikelite Housing + Kowalski 1250D Speed lights + Ultralights arms system

#3 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:18 AM

Nice clip wags!

Yesterday i had a personal demostration from Edius NX for HDV, and i am really crazy about it!
So i ordered a new PC included Edius NX for HDV!
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing
Vanherck Underwater Imaging

#4 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

Wow. I had been thinking of heading down to Ningaloo one of these days....hmm...maybe not...sounds like the meth crave has taken root there:)LOL Crazy work Wags and impressive work with filters and motion...very clean and smooth.
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#5 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

P.S. Is that a 16:9 embedded video. if so, how did you do it?
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#6 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

No drugs this end, although this town has a huge problem with them....and I'm not talking just your old weed...they are doing all the latest stuff..I don't understand it myself why people need it...feel sorry for them. :D

Just wanted to test out the keyframable speed and CC thing. Seems to work fine, and I like the fact that it can be applied to 1440/1080 stuff in realtime. I messed around with normal DV stuff and I can have like 5 tracks doing all kinds of different stuff all in real time. ^_^ I suppose if ones has a super fast CPU you could do it with HDV as well in realtime. Still the fact I can get realtime CC and slowmo with a title keeps me happy for now untill I build a faster sytem with a Intel® Core™2 Duo or Extreme. :)

Good to hear you got Edius Brumpy, what kind of system did you get? It's a strange program to use as first. :)
Heroglph works great with it as well and the speed m2t out encoder is very good and so is making wmv files. The only thing is crashed on was making QT H.264 :(

Shawn what you have to do is encode out 1 aspect ratio @ 1280/720 or 640/360 or 320/180 etc and not 16.9 aspect ratio then it will fill the window. :)
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#7 Brumpy

Brumpy

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:00 AM

Wagsy,

I do not have the system now, it will take almost 2 more weeks to build a system special for the Edius programm

and i am going to the filmfestival in Antibes in 2 weeks and then to Turkey and the Philippines directly after Antibes so i will be back home and ready to use Edius the end of november!
GATES EX1 housing

Sony Z1
LMI Bluefin HD housing
Vanherck Underwater Imaging

#8 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Wags..that is some impressive numbers you are throwing up...streams, cc, motion..i am jealous (for one using a notebook especially!):)

I have been coding specific sizes but perhaps some other meta data is going with it. I'll check into it.
shawn
www.bluespheremedia.com

#9 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

Yes Shawn. it's not a bad piece of software, but there I was with one full DV video track and 4 moving pips some with slow mo and a title playing back in real time on my 3GIG PC. Of course I cannot get that with HDV but with a Intel® Core™2 Duo or Extreme it has like 100% more powere than my 3 GIG pc so that would increase what I could do in HDV for sure. Then there is the Quads and Woodcrests CPU's comming, man then we will be editing multiply HDV tracks like DV in real time.

Some of the stuff I was reading suggest with a Intel® Core™2 Duo it can do one main DV track with 8 or 9 others stacked ontop in 3D moving pips all in real time. So it looks like and upgrade to a faster CPU is the go. They do have Intel® Core™2 Duo laptops you know. :)

Shawn when you are encoding, drop the sound to a lower level bitrate, it will help file size.
I also only use CBR.