• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 downunder

downunder

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

I am playing around with Edius 4 trial until my full version arrives. Just wiped out the what was left on the CCard.

With regard to editing white balance and colour correction. What is the best way to do this for underwater, using the filters provided. it is a bit of hit and miss or is there some good techniques. :)

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:15 PM

Hey Congrats on buying Edius. It is abit strange at first but it does not take long to get that hang of it.

You have a number of choices to CC your footage in Edius and all 4 ways gives great results. No banding I can see yet. If you are editing HDV convert to the Canopus HQ. Editing in DV is still good though and you can get many tracks in real time with effects going.
1 Colour Balance
2 Colour Wheel
3 White Balance
4 YUV Curve.

I have found that some are better with some shots. You just have to have a play till you feel it looks right.
Can you feed it out to a TV? There is also a Vector Scope/Wave Form in Edius to help you adjust your CC, but in the end I just go by look. It also has the ability to spit the screen a number of ways so you can see half the screen as is and the other half what it looks like with the changes...all in realtime, even with HDV.

Have fun :)
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:43 PM

Your starting to sell Edius to me with all these good reports...

How does it match up against Premiere Pro2..????

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#4 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

Har Har :) , today we used it to cut up out next Video Lives in DV, putting the sound mixing abilty through it's paces. Better than Premiere.... some aspects yes for sure but I would not say it's better. At least is has not got that stupid Audio Conforming thing that goes over nearly every audio track you import taking up heaps of space and time.

Look out though by the time it gets to version 5 or 6.

Fo me it's that ablity to CC and have good vary slow mo in realtime editing in HDV res and that Canopus HQ codec is very good and handles CC better than Aspect HD. I can also convert on the fly but not with PP and Aspect HD, had to wait another 25% of time.

Also it has a speed encoder when making m2t files. Took me 5.30 mins for 1 min of m2t ussing the noraml encoder but only 4.30 mins using it's speed encoder from a 3 GIG PC. Get a Core 2 dual CPU and you could cut that by half. The m2t files it endoded out are better than what I was getting with Aspect HD.

No I don't work for them, just impressed at it. :D
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au