#21 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

I give up...

The far right pic: That (in my opinion) would be fantastic if the diver on the right of the wreck was not there.!!! I know its good for sense of scale but...?

Still..Loved them.

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#22 Aguaysal

Aguaysal

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:22 AM

A Spanish newspaper publishes a small gallery with someone of the best photographies of the last Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year organized for the Natural History Museum and BBC Wildlife magazine.
http://www.elmundo.e...afia/index.html

We can see the photo of the winner, a Swedish photographer: Goran Ehlmé and one more couple of submarine Spanish photographers who have obtained second prizes. So much in the winning photo, like in that of Manu San Félix, we can see the exclusive use of natural light. Also it is this light the predominant in Jordi Chias's photo.

PD: Michael Aw has been rewarded also (congratulations) and the best photo of portrait has been elected a great barracuda, but these photos are not in the gallery.

#23 PRC

PRC

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:01 AM

A CHALLENGE: only ONE image was taken using a strobe (well, two strobes, in fact). Which one?

[attachment=4091
:attachment]

Snappers.

Paul C

Is there a prize Tim ?
Nikon D300, Subal, 2 * Inon 240
Water Temp (just cold & Nasty)
My Pictures

#24 stucotts

stucotts

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

Someone spoke of - Depending on the audience - well if the shoot is for a client, to sell something or for some comercial aspect then the person who ponies up the bucks should get what they pay for. Which is something totally different than the artistic quality of an image.

The artistic question about ambient light I think is a moot point. Artistically a photo is about form, about texture, about what ever presents itself, whether that is with artifical light or not is ot the question. Anyone who concerns themselves with light source is not looking to the artistic intent of a photo.

#25 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:34 AM

Now the results are out - it seems the vital ingredient is a 12-24mm lens on a Nikon camera. All 4 category winning underwater shots used this combination! :D

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#26 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6192 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:52 AM

Now the results are out - it seems the vital ingredient is a 12-24mm lens on a Nikon camera. All 4 category winning underwater shots used this combination! :D

Alex

sweet... i will enter next year then... i have that lens!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com