• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redryder

redryder

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

What is the best / easiest way to convert a Quicktime HDV movie into a HD WMV; I would like to squeeze my hdv movies (average lenghth 25-40 min.) so that they can fit into a DVD and share them with the windows friends.

I own a Power Mac Quad using Final Cut Pro 5.0 for editing and I suppose I lack some plugin to run the HD WMV encoding.

Thanks for your suggestions
XDCam EX1 + Gates + Fathom SWP - Sony A1 + Sea&Sea + "custom" S&S wide port

#2 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:UW videography, tec diving<br />literature (novels)<br />diplomacy

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:18 AM

You can use Autodesk Cleaner 6.5, however, it is quite expensive, but a very good conversion tool.

You can also try to export quictime conversion menu in FCP, maybe it also works for windows.

#3 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:57 AM

Purchase the professional version of Flip4Mac. It plugs right into FCP, QTPro and Compressor. I set up compressor profile and just rip my .movs to .wmvs with drag and drop. Cost is USD179.
http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm
It appears automatifcally in FCP and QTPro. Uncovering it in Compressor requires a quick set of steps. This link from Flip4Mac shows you how: http://www.flip4mac....dge/kb_0037.htm

Be happy to help with any more questions.
-Shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:16 AM

Double support for AutoDesk Cleaner. It is the most powerful conversion software out there now with more functions than Squeeze and Compressor. Handles all media very well.
Flip4mac is good too but only for WMV. Doesn't have the range for other codecs.
You may also wish to check out Div codecs which are free.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.