3 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:51 AM

I'm trying to get hold of a 72mm acrylic UR-Pro filter, CC colour, to dismantle and recess in the front of my Z1 to use in conjunction with an Expodisc.

I've been trying UR-Pro by email and phone for a few days and I can't get any answer. Does anyone know another source for one of these that might be able to send it here to Thailand?

Thanks!

#2 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Nick,
That is your best source. They are a small shop and when traveling, are not super fast about responding. As soon as they get back in the shop, they are very good about turnaround. If it is not super urgent. i would give em a few days. Realy nice folks too.
shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#3 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Well I've been emailing and calling UR-Pro for 2 weeks now and I can't get hold of them for love nor money.

A member here kindly advised me that Gates have them but unfortunately they only have the glass ones, and I'd prefer acrylic.

Any other ideas anyone? A mobile number for them perhaps?

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

Nick, email Andrew Yeo at SEA & SEA Photo in Singapore. He carries some of the URPro stuff. He won't be as cheap as Dirk but at least he's just 2 day mail.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.