Photo
- - - - -

Want me 2 check into anything 4 U at DEMA in Florida?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RebreatherDave

RebreatherDave

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:rebreathers, marine life, mountain biking, flying hang gliders, paragliders and sailplanes.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:22 AM

I will be going to the DEMA Show (Dive Equipment Manufacturing Association) in Orlando, Florida next month in November.

I will be taking my FX1 and a decent res digital camera...if anyone wants me to look into anything specific and report back, just let me know.

I will be looking to see what Amphibico has to offer that is new, specifically the widescreen hi-res external monitor, whatever is new at L&M and all that sort of thing.
Inspiration Closed Circuit w/Vision electronics
Sony HDR-FX1 3CCD HiDef
Amphibico Phenom
Amphibico dual 35-50 HID's
whatever other toys I can
accumulate b4 I die

#2 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1978 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

would be interesting to quiz them about housings for the V1

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

Dave
Wetpixel staff (and then there's me too) will be there and will be filing reports on site as well. There will be a pre-DEMA announcement of products soonish, I hope.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

Hi Dave,
I'd appreciate any feedback on the Nuytco diver portable 200w HMI lighting options. I've been in touch with the company and they mentioned that they will be using DEMA as the launching platform for the lights.

Cheers,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#5 RebreatherDave

RebreatherDave

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:rebreathers, marine life, mountain biking, flying hang gliders, paragliders and sailplanes.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Ok, got those 2 on my list......
Sony HDR-FX1 3CCD HiDef
Amphibico Phenom
accumulate b4 I die

#6 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

Dave, when you are at the Amphibico booth, check out what's playing.
I cut up some footage for them.

Now don't go buying to many toys.....
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#7 RebreatherDave

RebreatherDave

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

The only toy on my list is their widescreen high def external monitor. I bought their standard def external, but returned it without using it as I heard they were working on the widescreen high def, so I never even let it get wet, and they agreed to just have me pay the difference.

Because what interests me the most is macro, the top viewing port on my Phenom doesn't do me any good. The rear eyepiece monitor is fine for everything EXCEPT manual focus.....it is the external I need for manual focus as sometimes the FX1 hunts around on macro.....not knowing whether it is the anemone, the sand behind it or that shrimp I am trying to get.....

Also, the rumor mill is churning fast that Oceanic will have a new closed rebreather out that doesn't even let gas escape upon ascent, something that we've never heard of, but would allow smaller diluent and 02 cylinders so a unit could be more travel friendly or have more gas for the tech-heads. I bet they incorporate their HUD mask into it somehow....but we will see....they did a nice job on the Oceanic Phibian till the lawsuits flew about......

Plus I am going to try to work some deals on dive travel to the Philippines and Indonesia as the Lembeh Straights are o' callin me and the Phenom....

Edited by RebreatherDave, 25 October 2006 - 07:25 AM.

Sony HDR-FX1 3CCD HiDef
Amphibico Phenom
accumulate b4 I die

#8 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:21 AM

Also, the rumor mill is churning fast that Oceanic will have a new closed rebreather out that doesn't even let gas escape upon ascent, something that we've never heard of, but would allow smaller diluent and 02 cylinders so a unit could be more travel friendly or have more gas for the tech-heads.

I've heard that feature will be available on the military model only.

Prepare to be amazed at its c02 monitor.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com