Apple announces MacBook Pro with Core2Duo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 anthp

anthp

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts
  • Interests:Photography in Le Grand Bleu.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

Hey Drew - it would be really interesting to hear exactly how you set it up. I would imagine there are all sorts of clever little tweaks you know about that make the machine much rip for video/photos. Any chance you might share some tips with us?
Anthony Plummer
anthonyplummer.com
"It's much better down there... It's a better place..." Enzo, Le Grand Bleu.

#22 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

Well for general use, I use a swap drive for VM, 1.5GB to prevent fragmentation. With the intel computers it's a bit of a mess since they use a different drive protocol. PITA!
Otherwise, just have 4 partitions. System/Apps, Swap, files/docs and clean OS for editing.
That's about it really.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#23 saeedrashid

saeedrashid

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

I am too busy setting my sights on getting their 30" HD Cinema Display.....I bought the original 22" Cinema Display within several week sof it coming out....that's right, this fool paid $3999 for it.....

I use one at work. its a real thing of beauty. In fact I've just talked them into letting me have two. I want one at home as well but the wife said no :guiness:
Saeed