• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iainh

iainh

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 12:39 PM

Just wandering what the latest intelligence is on S2 housing availability. I'm familiar with the Ikelite housing already. What other housing options are currently on the market, or are due to be made available in the next few months?

Thanks
Iain

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 12:59 PM

Sea and Sea have announced they will do one. No idea of release date.

Seacam have said they will do one. No idea of release date.

Another manufacturer will also do one.

So that is 3.

But with these things - it's really hard to say when you can actually buy one. A few months might be too short of a timeframe.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 iainh

iainh

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 01:03 PM

Thanks James. Looks like Ike is my only realistic option in the forseeable future.

So who is "another manufacturer". Or would you have to kill me if you told me ;)

Iain

#4 ed nygard

ed nygard

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:25 PM

Different vibes from Ikelite! When I called them THIS week, they said they ARE still planning a new back for the S2 housing, due "May-June". Not sure if the receptionist justs picks any handy worker at random to ask when an inquiry is made, or if the response really means anything.

Aquatica says they're planning to have their S2 housing available "April-May".

I've decided to get the current Ikelite housing, get familiar with it, then take one of three paths: 1) If it proves to be adequate, stick with it as is. 2) If it has minor shortcomings, look for a new back with added control features either from Ikelite or Marc Furth. 3) If it has major shortcomings, evaluate new housings as they become available.

Ed Nygard