• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kriptap

kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

The Cayman Islands Government introduced a law that is removing all long term non Cayman residents from the Cayman Islands and capping a limit on how long people will be able to work here in the future.

I unfortunately have been one of the many who are being forced to leave, so I am selling the following items, it's basically everything I have not including the camera. Only serious enquires please: http://www.digitaldiver.biz/subal/ email me at digitaldiver@gmail.com

Thanks

#2 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:51 PM

Probably the wrong forum to ask the question but why in the world are they doing something like that? Seems to me the price of real estate will heading South. Anyway, sorry to hear about your dilemma.
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#3 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:10 PM

You can Google cayman seven year rollover to see news stuff .. but here a good link ..
http://www.underwate..._id=16480109275

It's not for us to tell you why they are doing something like that ... however I believe that lack of education is the main reason Cayman is considered third world still.

Patrick I am sorry about you having to leave .. that must be a real life changer .. I thought you were able to apply for residency the time you had been here.
I don't think I can afford any of this yet, not until my bonus at xmas :D otherwise the strobes would interest me greatly.
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#4 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

That's very sad you have to leave. Does this mean your underwater photography comes to an end?
Man, that really sucks. On the bright side, maybe others will have a better chance without you entering, and winning, the POTW so often! :D
Good luck!
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms
Sony HC9 in L&M Bluefin housing with 1000 LED lights.

#5 kriptap

kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Thanks all, yup it 's a bummer but nothing I can do.

Anybody interested in the housing etc give me a shout.

#6 BrantD

BrantD

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

Thanks all, yup it 's a bummer but nothing I can do.

Anybody interested in the housing etc give me a shout.

I would be interested in some parts and pics, IF you are willing to part some out.

Lenses, ports, and a couple of other things.