wesley

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:travel/motorcycles/diving/photography

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:34 PM

This has to be said:

WESLEY:

I am sure all of us who frequent this site would have appreciated you having the manners of introducing yourself in the first instance formally as a professional photographer, together with a photograph.
There are too many "professional photographers" with "day Jobs" as it is.
This is what the intro thread is for - it helps everyone in the long run, so that advice can be tailored to suit, the level of experience - if any is required. This saves the possibility of publicly humiliating someone, in either direction.

It has been the policy on this site not to belittle anyone no matter what their experience, and no matter how their pictures arrive on our screens. This has been working very well indeed on the whole and a mutual respect is evident throughout these various levels of expertise.

If someone is genuinely trying to offer advice and assistance and you consider it below you then contact them privately by message or email.

James, has been a treasure on this site, (although he wanders sometimes) and I won't see him crapped on!

There are a great number of "masters of PS" around and offering advice on the site already, including people responsible for designing it.

Wow Bob! Didn't realize i was insulting or crapping on anyone. I think if anything James and I are were joking with each other. I didn't feel James was being harsh to me at all nor do I think James felt that way. I think its always the problem of emails and the internet....doesn't always come across how you meant it. I have found James' comments on many subjects to be very helpful.

If you feel that there is already enough photoshop expertise amongst the users of this site then I in no way want to step on anybodys toes and start offering my knowledge.

Your post was definitely not put forth a joking manner.....not so sure I feel very welcome here ;)

#22 marriard

marriard

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:49 PM

Just ignore him Wesley....that's what we all do... :(

Cheers
James

Lately I have been thinking that Bob's eye has been following me... That thing is scary!!!

:(

;) Oh no... here it comes again... Oh the humanity!

M

#23 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:13 PM

Your post was definitely not put forth a joking manner.....not so sure I feel very welcome here ;)

Wesley -

PLEASE continue to contribute here! The more "experts," the better.

In the meantime, I am locking this thread, so we can cool down a bit...
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -