No replies to this topic

#1 okuma

okuma

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

LaCie has a clearance page on their site.

I ordered a 21" TFT monitor for $950 as opposed to $ 1800 for a new one.
The clearance units are "factory re conditioned ?" and carry a full 3 month warrenty. It came in a NEC factory box - wonder if NEC is private labeling for LaCie??

These units have not been on the market for long, so I took a chance and maybe I lucked out with a demo unit. It has no marks or other signs of wear. It comes with reflection shade and the calibration/ICC profile soft wear, but no colorimiter (screen puck). Buried within the soft ware is a pull down to select the puck you are using and as luck would have it, my old Monaco will work. The screen adjusts up/down, tilts and swivels. It also comes with "Pivot Pro" soft ware so you can rotate the screen 90* when working on verticles! A nice touch, but slightly un nerving to see a verticle screen!

The front of the unit is not much larger than my old 19" Sony Trinitron, but it does not have the long projection in back and is ~50lbs lighter.

I always thought the Sony had good color, but this is a world of difference better. The black is so strong, it just sorta sucks all the light out of the room. I am running it off a 128meg card and it has no flicker or lag.

After DEMA, I'll calibrate and get it in sync with CS2 and my Canon printer.
Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.