new website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 writepic

writepic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:diving, taking photos and making films, my family, my friends, chocolate icecream.......

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hi all,

Here's my first proper post on wetpixel. I've been lurking here for a while, gosh all these
forum categories make it a bit confusing.

Anyway, I've been a photographer for longer years than a diver, but have been working towards
my underwater dedicated site for a few months now.

I got round to mostly starting it off and now is almost presentable.

I'm quite new to video both above and below the surface, and got into it as I
think it helps tell a whole story rather than just part of it, which I think is useful
in these conservation concious days.

I'm british, but travel way too much, living much of the year in Ecuador.

Here is the link to my new site, I'd appreciate any (constructive) feedback anyone has to give.

http://www.eyemocean.com

Best regards,

Mark.
[font=Lucida Console]http://eyemocean.blogspot.com

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

Hi Mark.
Welcome to Wetpixel

Nice site there, you have some great pics and cool video shots.
That guy sitting on the coral was a classic in your video clip.
Great clip but the jerkyness of it all was abit anoying. It needs to run at normal speed for some shots I recon.

So looks like yet another place being destroyed by humans again.
Keep up the great work.

Paul Wags
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

Very nice galleries; I never saw a feathertail ray before.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#4 writepic

writepic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:diving, taking photos and making films, my family, my friends, chocolate icecream.......

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:05 AM

hi wagsy,

thanks for taking the time to comment, yes it does look a bit naff webside. i'd be interested to
know the best web compressions for video.

this 5 minutes clip is about 5 gig in original, and i thought if i got it down to 30 meg that would make it
downloadable easy if you get me. i firstly imported it again at a new project 320 x 240 and then compressed
that as muchc as poss, winding down to 56kbps streaming, i found 256k was way smoother but
made it too big for download.

unfortunately it's possible to find someone every day walking on the coral heads. this guy was just one of many. in defence of divers, it's usually just the snorklers, and nonplussed hotels who do nothing to control it.

loftus: thanks.....yes the featehrtail was an occasional visitor, not often seen i think. very nice though.

mark
[font=Lucida Console]http://eyemocean.blogspot.com

#5 limeyx

limeyx

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:29 AM

hi wagsy,

thanks for taking the time to comment, yes it does look a bit naff webside. i'd be interested to
know the best web compressions for video.

this 5 minutes clip is about 5 gig in original, and i thought if i got it down to 30 meg that would make it
downloadable easy if you get me. i firstly imported it again at a new project 320 x 240 and then compressed
that as muchc as poss, winding down to 56kbps streaming, i found 256k was way smoother but
made it too big for download.

unfortunately it's possible to find someone every day walking on the coral heads. this guy was just one of many. in defence of divers, it's usually just the snorklers, and nonplussed hotels who do nothing to control it.

loftus: thanks.....yes the featehrtail was an occasional visitor, not often seen i think. very nice though.

mark

I've been really impressed with H.264 encoding for the web. I've been amazed by how well it scales up to pretty high resolutions without losing a lot.

#6 chewie70

chewie70

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

Hey Mark,

The site looks great even though I wasn't able to check out the videos. Not your fault, I'm at work. I'll have to check them out later.

One thing that you might want to consider though is you background color. The white just looks to generic to me. If it was my site, I would add some color.

I love the logo, very unique and eye catching.