• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10635 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

In another brilliant move by politicians worried about their political lives than the future, the efforts to try banning bottom trawl fishing is once again blocked:

Trawl fishing ban blocked

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

Humans advancing? I don't think so, more like going backwards if you ask me.

They will keep going untill it's to late then they will say, why did not someone warn us? :D

Yep greedy old men destroying our world, the world should be run by women I recond. :)
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

That is just so depressing. But I'm not giving up. Early next month I'm going to get together with a bunch of conservation scientists and show them how to get started video podcasting. More and more I'm finding that those with the critical info are seeking newer and better ways to raise awareness. I can only hope that at a certain point some critical mass of awareness and concern will be reached to set in motion real changes in the way we humans interact as part of the ecosystem. And every one of us can help build toward that critical mass.

Mary Lynn