• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 alyafi

alyafi

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for the great idea! I am just upgrading to the L & M Bluefin Pro for the Sony XR520 with SUnray 2000 lights, 110 Fathom lens, OLED screen. This will be my first system with the ability to manually white balance. I was thinking through the logistics of trying to hold the housing, hit the button on the side of the housing, and hold a slate in front of the lens. Thsi will fix the prob entirely!! Ordered a 3/4" setup tonight!

Thanks heaps!! :)

This reply might be too late, but I think you might consider the 1/2" setup for the L&M

#22 Solo_NZ

Solo_NZ

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

This reply might be too late, but I think you might consider the 1/2" setup for the L&M

Hi Alyafi,

No, haven't purchased yet. Managed to find a place in my country that does it, so am comparing the price vs sending all the way from the States.

Why the 1/2" rather than the 3/4"?

I know it's probably overkill for the slate itself, but I like the idea of spares for the main arms.

Is there something else I should think about?

Edited by Solo_NZ, 12 June 2009 - 10:42 AM.

Here's to Love, Life, Happiness... and our Enemies enemies!

www.scuba.co.nz 

#23 peterbkk

peterbkk

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Photographry Underwater Video.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Is there something else I should think about?

I was having some problem focusing close-up shots so I got an idea from the macro frame on my old Nikonos V.

I bought an extra "Y" connector and some extra locline and, on the top of the other housing handle, added a short "close-up distance checker" that shows me the exact plane of focus when the video camera is manually focused at 3cm. I just point it forwards, set the manual focus to 3 and then use the tip of the locline as a visual guide to place the subject at that distance - the optimal focus distance for a close-up shot of a nudi or other small creature. When I am not using it, it just folds back in front of the handle.

Regards
Peter

Edited by peterbkk, 12 June 2009 - 05:15 PM.

#24 dougdaulton

dougdaulton

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cinematography, Wildlife, Conservation

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Nickdiver - Thanks for this post!  Found it very useful and plan to build this for my rig.