• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 escuchopeliculas

escuchopeliculas

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:10 AM

Hello I am new to the forum but have been diving for a long time and taking pictures for longer.

In a few months I am going on a diving trip and would like to get into UW photo. I have a contax NX camera. Is there a housing for this camera?? Or what is a generally good all around setup to begin?

Thanks

Andrea

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6166 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:41 AM

Hi Andrea

not familiar with your rig. What are your goals? price range? do you want to go into digital?

i think you will find there are very few housings for film cameras now and you will have a very difficult time finding housings for a camera such as yours which is not one of the more traditionally popular ones like nikon or canon

You might consider going digital as you will learn much quicker and there are many options available now

Join us for our Lembeh and Bunaken Photo Workshop 12-19 May 2014
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#3 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

Hi Andrea,

I still use a Contax N1 for the little 35 mm work I do because I still love those lenses. You won't find a housing for the camera that I am aware of but would like to see what the 100 mm macro would do underwater.

Phil Rudin