• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 buzo

buzo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well, for what it's worth, I drove up to ReefPhoto this afternoon and picked up a SEA&SEA TTL converter and an Inon Z-240 strobe. Nice compact strobe package.

Now I need to learn how to use it.

Nice people at ReefPhoto.

#42 lerkelens

lerkelens

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

I am switching to SLR and getting a Nikon D-200 and want TTL as I have a lot of otherthings besides manual stobe settings to learn. I am hoping that the new Nexus D200 housing with Inon 240 strobes and the fiber optic cable will provide it. Does any one have any experience as yet?

I bought a Heinrich for my Olympus 5060 but I think the reason I flooded it was because of my install. I am leary of tryling anything like that again especially with an SLR.

#43 kriptap

kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

I got chance today to use a customers Ikelite 20D camera/housing. We both were set for macro and went looking for small things, it wasn't long before we found a few, after taking a couple of shots with mine (non ttl) I used his, wow! I was getting shots spot on each time with his, where it was taking me 2-3 shots to get spot on with mine, not very important if the subject is not moving but if it is or does then chances are I would have lost out to him. I was even trying to fool the ttl but could not. I went from blue to black background, spot on each time. So to conclude I was very jealous and am going to try and get some kind of ttl for mine!

A couple from today:

Posted Image

Posted Image