4 replies to this topic

#1 StephenFrink

StephenFrink

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:20 AM

The coverage of this year's Shark Shootout at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is now live at http://www.scubadivi...harkshootout_06

I've been involved with three of these annual events so far, and this was by far the most extreme in terms of in-your-dome shark encounters. All the shooters had some really stellar photo-ops, and came home with some very creative shark images.Frink_4.JPG
Stephen Frink - www.stephenfrinkphoto.com
Publisher - Alert Diver Magazine
Distributor/North America - Seacamusa.com
Travel - Waterhousetours.com

#2 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

Looks like lots of fun.

I guess that is what all underwater photographers dream off. Great subject matter reliably cruising past the lens time and time again. Perfect for getting the creative juices flowing.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#3 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

As much fun as one can have with just a few items of clothing and gear on. Always a challenge to get shots like the Frink master. I already have some ideas and I'm signed up for next year.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#4 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6186 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:08 PM

very cool!

nothing better than apex predators in your face

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#5 Christian K

Christian K

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

The coverage of this year's Shark Shootout at Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas is now live at http://www.scubadivi...harkshootout_06

I've been involved with three of these annual events so far, and this was by far the most extreme in terms of in-your-dome shark encounters. All the shooters had some really stellar photo-ops, and came home with some very creative shark images.Frink_4.JPG

WOW! Three beauties in one shot. That's the sort of pictures I would like to take.

/christian

Edited by Christian K, 07 December 2006 - 02:14 PM.