• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mrjamesm

mrjamesm

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:11 AM

Currently using a PC for my editing. A couple of weeks ago I saw a slidehow production done on a Mac that looked fantastic - great introduction type screen with a number of images displayed and individually highlighted until you chose to begin the slideshow. Is there a similar program on a PC that would do this? I have no idea what the MAC software was... I have PS CS(2?) but can't see anything in that, been playing with the lightroom beta which does produce slideshows, but nothing like the intro screen..

James
Canon 20d, Ikelite TTL Housing, DS-125 strobe
18-55mm , Canon 60mm Macro, Tokina 10 - 17mm

#2 thatporchdawg

thatporchdawg

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

I use a program called ProShow Gold by Photodex. Its relatively inexpensive and a pretty good program and allows you to output your slide shows to CD, DVD, and executable file. I don't know how it compares to the Mac offering, but there are some pretty decent slide shows on the site so you can see its capabilities. There's also a standard and professional version of the software with less and more functionality, respectively.
Ken Bean
Aquatica - Canon 20D - Sigma 50, Canon 100 & Sigma 15FE - Sea&Sea YS90-DXs

#3 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4571 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:10 PM

There is a great program for Mac called Boinx Photomagico. I do not think it is made for PC
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#4 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1602 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:14 AM

I am now using Photodex's Pro Show Producer. They just released version 3 but I havent tried it yet. I love what it can do but its rendering to DVD sucks. I am routing it through Adobe Encore. Go to Photodex.com and you can see some show examples.
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#5 jbonehoss

jbonehoss

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Diving: Indonesia, Thailand, Bahamas

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

I think the new version also supports Flash output (have not tried it yet) which is a big deal to me. The idea of requiring another plug-in to view a slideshow on the web makes me a little ill. :D
Justin Ebert : Addicted to Compressed Air
Nikon D70s : Sea & Sea Housing : 10.5mm, 15mm, 17-35mm

#6 JoelD

JoelD

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

I use PSP and I agree, the DVD rendering is not good, so I output to a mpeg and then use Nero to create the DVD. I've outputted a couple old show to flash and it's pretty slick, will make posting them on the web MUCH easier/secure...
Joel D.
http://www.widgetsandmore.com

Nikon D300, D70s & a bunch of Ikelite stuff and all sorts of stuff my wife doesn't know about. Shhhhhh!

Join the National Association of Photoshop Professionals Today

#7 Taxgeek

Taxgeek

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography!

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but this got me thinking. Do any of you ever have OOS problems with these programs when matching your slideshows to music? I've been using Pictures to Exe, which I really like. Except: You can put the slideshow together, preview it, everything seems all timed to the music, exactly how you want it. But then when you click "Make Slideshow" or "Compile" or whatever the button's called, the finished product ends up out of sync. Mucho annoying. Time for another slideshow program, methinks. Besides, you can't email .exe files to anybody anymore anyway, none of the email sites will accept them. So, since I'm on PC, does PSP ever have this problem?
Canon 5d, Ikelite housing, ULCS arms, and dual DS-125 strobes.

#8 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1602 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

no problem. PSP has complete editing capabilities of music...fade, crop start time etc. It also has an email output option so you can email shows. The pitfall to the newest version PSP3.o build 1906 is that it requires math to create good shows. You have to calculate rotation and zooms for multiple images on one slide of you want them to syncronize. I am working pretty extensively with PSP 3.0 and have some really creative shows, especially with using Photoshop actions and incorporating them into my shows. If you need any help let me know.

Joe
Joe Belanger
www.visitingcatalina.com

#9 CeeDave

CeeDave

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:Underwater, especially large animals<br />Landscape, especially wetlands

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

There is a great program for Mac called Boinx Photomagico. I do not think it is made for PC

Though it might not help this fellow, I second the endorsement of FotoMagicoo (sic). I can export the movies and apply motion blurring in iDVD, and the final result is pretty danged good. Plus, slide timing, transitions, and and zoom/pan (aka Ken Burns effect) are a bit easier and more flexible (includes rotations).

Chris in Red Stick
(Currently on a MacBook Pro running CVS in a unix window to update a grant renewal, Garmin MapSource in a vmware WindowsXP window to dink with my GPS, and surfing WetPixel with Safari under OSX ... all this fairly painlessly, on a laptop ... becoming a Mac fanatic after less than 2 years!)
Chris White
Subal ND70 + 2X DS125 ... mostly 10.5, 16, and 60

#10 Taxgeek

Taxgeek

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography!

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:30 AM

Thanks! I may try PSP. The out of sync thing is really irritating.
Canon 5d, Ikelite housing, ULCS arms, and dual DS-125 strobes.

#11 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1602 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:36 AM

You can download a full version of PSP 3.0 that will have a watermark across the playback screen...but you can try music with slides to make sure it does what you want before plopping down 500 bucks.
Joe Belanger
www.visitingcatalina.com