• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

Charles Clifford, Minister of Tourism, Grand Cayman, has stated he expects dolphins to die in the Dolphin Cove Cayman "as they do in the wild." Funny thing is in the wild, they have predators other natural threats. In captivity, there's only 1 threat, humans and their incompetence, just like the 6 sharks which died due to mechanical malfunction.

Read about it here.

Please feel free to tell Charles how you feel about that:

Charles.Clifford@gov.ky

As for those who say the dolphins are doing sea mammals a great service... I say rent flipper and free willie.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:29 AM

The sad sorry thing about this is ... you could have the whole world telling the Caymans not to do it .. and give them all the good reasons.

The fact is this is happening .. 3 dolphinariums already have approved planning. One already has the dolphins ready for export.

It isn't if it's when .. it's really quite upsetting. But it is almost impossible to reason and change the minds of some money greedy, uneducated, incompitent morons.

Even though it is my business (tourism) I really hope that tourism takes a dive because of this. It's a shame but something needs to wake these government idiots up .. and fast.
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks