42 replies to this topic

#41 Warren_L

Warren_L

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Guys -

I'd like to take quotes from this thread out and use it in a news posting about Ike's passing. So please write something if you have a story about Ike you'd like to share.

Here's the front page post:
http://wetpixel.com/...te-passes-away/

I bought my first DSLR housing from Ikelite a couple of years ago for my Nikon D70. I had a small issue with the housing and had to send it back to Ikelite for servicing, but I figured I'd call customer service at Ikelite to inquire about the issue before sending it back. When I called, someone picked up the phone and said, "Ikelite. Ike speaking". Ike? As in "Ike" in "Ikelite"? Sure enough it was him. We ended up chatting for a while about underwater photography and dive destinations where the photography's amazing. I was very impressed he still took the time to personally answer the phone and chat with his customers. This doesn't happen too often.

#42 Marjo

Marjo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Conservation photography, climate change resilience, species and habitat conservation

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:24 AM

This is sad news. My condolences to Ike's family and everyone at Ikelite.

I have used Ikelite gear for the last 4 years. When I got into UW photography I didn't really know what brand housing and strobes I should get, but ended up with Ikelite following recommendations of friends. After lot's of bottmtime, bruises and scapes, reading wetpixel, making mistakes, having successes, good days, bad days - I am still using Ikelite gear. Not only has it been realiable and sturdy, but whenever I have contacted Ikelite with questions, they have been most helpful and truly committed to helping me. I too have been amazed at having my e-mails replied to by Ike Brigham himself. This is a sign of true committment! Ike will also be missed by those of us who did not know him personally, but who knew him thru our passion for underwater photography.

Edited by Marjo, 07 January 2007 - 07:28 AM.

#43 Jolly

Jolly

Lightning Kraut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

Very sad. I never met him personally but got in touch with him when I got DS-125 strobes. I will miss email conversation with "addled shopkeeper" Ike and his postings too. My condolences to everybody bound to Ike.

Julian
| Canon 5D I+II / Sealux CC5-GD I+II custom converted | 2x Ikelite DS-125 | ULCS |