• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lionfish43

Lionfish43

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Santa was good to me this year and gave me a nice gift certificate to Hunt Photo. I've been lusting after the Nikon 70-200 2.8 AFS-VR for some time but Santa wasn't quite that nice so I picked up this brand new Nikon offering the other day.
I do a lot of topside photography but up until now just about all my lenses have been selected because of their underwater application. I didn't have anything with more reach than 120mm so this fills a specific need that I've wanted to fill for a while.
These shots were all taken today with the new 70-300 and haven't had any Photoshop work other than resizing.
#1 300mm
Posted Image

#2 240mm
Posted Image
#3 165mm
Posted Image

#4 70mm VR on: this is the only shot not taken with a tripod.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Larry Oberlander My Webpage
Nikon D200, Aquatica AD200

#2 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3072 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Nice shots, very sharp and great color. I ordered one yesterday, should be here next week. Can't wait!

Luiz

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#3 Lionfish43

Lionfish43

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

My initial impression is that this is a pretty sharp lens. Probably not the sharpest one I own but good performance considering the price. The VR feature is definitly a plus and seemed to work very well. Negatives: a little difficult to focus in very low light (expected.) The jury is still out on how well the AFS works as these shots were all, obviously, static subjects.
Larry Oberlander My Webpage
Nikon D200, Aquatica AD200