Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Prop Joe

Prop Joe

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA, Aviation/Propellers, General photography, travel, Boats, Oldsmobiles/Drag Racing,

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:55 PM

I just wanted to say hello. I have been lurking around this site for a couple of years now. After submitting some pics in the contest before the deadline today... I felt obligated to hello. Hello ;)
I've been shooting with my C-5050 for a couple of years now. Last year I got one an Ikelite TTL housing. I also use a DS-50 strobe. As time permits I'll post some of my photos to see what the community thinks of my work.
If you are wondering about the user name it is because that is what I do for a living. I'm Chief Inspector at the largest Aircraft Propeller shop in the country. Hence Prop in the user name. Joe is my name.= Prop Joe. My friends who do not work in aviation started calling me that about 20 yrs ago.

My favourite place to dive is Cozumel. I proposed at sunset on Villa Aldora's dock last spring and will be tying the knot there this spring. I like drift diving! I also like the steel 120's that are used by Aldora(and some others). Ever Since Dave finished the Villa on the water we usually stay there and will be married right there on the beach.

In October I got sent to Kauai to work on a Navy plane and train some of the Techs there. Jurassic Park with diving! My boss let me stay an extra day to dive. I did four dives in one day on the South shore. I got a few shots of some turtles in and around some collapsed lava tubes.
Anyhow Hello and good bye for now.

Joe

#2 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

Welcome, and congratulations (or commiserations ;) ) are in order.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.