Join Team Wetpixel!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 scott_nielsen

scott_nielsen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Love to dive and travel. Now, I'm trying uw photography, have a lot to learn.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:47 AM

hey eric, $$$ sent...this is a great place for me to learn...thanks, Scott
ps. i already received you wetpixel book and thought it was amazing....scott
Camera, Nikon D300, Seatool housing, Inon Strobes.
One World, One Ocean, Let's Protect It!

#22 Tjsnapper

Tjsnapper

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

Just joined, it is the least I can do for all the hard work that you guys have put in. It has been a great resource for many people and has enabled me to justify spending thousands on kit :bottled:

Tristan
No diving for 3 weeks-- work work work.
Web:www.tristanjonesphotography.com
Email:info@tristanjonesphotography.com
Blog:Visit My Blog

#23 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Thanks, guys! The support is very much appreciated.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#24 Scubamoose

Scubamoose

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, travel.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

I've been a member of WP for just a few months, but decided to support You'r crusade to provide most useful information to beginner (as well as professional) UW pho. and videographer's. Myself, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, are participating here from locations where diving in whole and UW photography is not very widely expanded. Therefore possibilityes for getting much information from local diveshops or friend-photographer's are quite narrow - so the wide range of themes discussed on WP forums are a crucial information for getting started, learning about important know how's and getting better in this magnificent activity in whole. Keep up the good work!!!
My Flickr
www.karelbernard.com

Karel Bernard
Canon G9 in Ikelite Housing; SubStrobe DS-160
WA lens Ikelite W-20; Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lenses

#25 AndyC

AndyC

Wolf Eel

• Team Wetpixel
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

I've been getting so much out of Wetpixel, I thought I should give something back. So joined Team Wetpixel and your right! I do feel warm and fuzzy!!
Thanks for a great forum and community.

Cheers
Andy. :)

#26 RSmith

RSmith

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hello guys. First of all, membership and information at Wetpixel will always remain free, but some of you have expressed interest in supporting Wetpixel financially.

I'm sure we'll eventually have t-shirts, hats, calendars, etc. etc. but for now, I've set up a special paid package called, "Team Wetpixel" that you can subscribe to by using the subscriptions control panel.

As mentioned in this poll, I'm working on a way to have a low-cost subscription that enables a low-bandwidth, ad-free version of the forums. This package is just for those of you who said you'd probably donate even if there wasn't an ad-free version as a perk. :lol:

Thank you for your support!

UPDATE: Here's a movie of the new low-bandwidth skin at Wetpixel.

<object width="500" height="375"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com...F&fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com...F&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="377"></embed></object>

Looking forward to learning, and finding this site I would like to say hello and I would sure like to support Wetpixel in any way possible.

#27 rayudy

rayudy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hello guys. First of all, membership and information at Wetpixel will always remain free, but some of you have expressed interest in supporting Wetpixel financially.

I'm sure we'll eventually have t-shirts, hats, calendars, etc. etc. but for now, I've set up a special paid package called, "Team Wetpixel" that you can subscribe to by using the subscriptions control panel.

As mentioned in this poll, I'm working on a way to have a low-cost subscription that enables a low-bandwidth, ad-free version of the forums. This package is just for those of you who said you'd probably donate even if there wasn't an ad-free version as a perk. ;)

Thank you for your support!

UPDATE: Here's a movie of the new low-bandwidth skin at Wetpixel.

#28 beronio

beronio

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi,

I am a newbie, and trying to start a new post, but it appears that the permissions for my account are restricted. Any way for an admin to check this out and let me know? This appears to be one of the few places I can reply.

Thanks for your help

#29 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6183 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Everyone needs to make one post to validate their membership first.. Now that you have, you should not be restricted anymore :)

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#30 Ronyx

Ronyx

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Diving, Adventure Motorcycling

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

The subscriptions control panel link doesn't appear to work. I get a page not found message

#31 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thank you! We don't have anything special for Team Wetpixel, yet, but will migrate everyone over and enable it soon. Appreciate the support!
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#32 Walleye

Walleye

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Sailing,Photography,Diving,Hiking,Travel and Hanging out with good peeps and enjoying life.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Here's my one post to allow me access to the forum, great site to be a part of, I'm a newly certified diver wanting to learn how to take

underwater photography. Thanks Wetpixel.

Walleye

Walleye

#33 castro

castro

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Hi everyone!

For sure you make some romantic photos under water. If you would like to win free night in luxury apartments in Barcelona send us one of them!

Good luck!

#34 goose

goose

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography and not much else.!!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

I feel the slipery slope of underwater photography . Com is about to desened on us all.

This site is about sharing the passion and knowledge and the love for one and all for free. Its run by hard working guys that are passionate about there underwater photography and that I respect with the upmost regard.

I hope it continues to do so and doesnt go down the road of a buisness and before we know it its then sold to the highest bidder.

Dont shoot me im just sayin.

Goose
My Kit:- NikonD800 Nikon D90 Nikon Prime 105mm & 60mm macro, Sigma 15mm Nikon 16-35mm Nikon 12-24mm wide angle, Tokina 10-17mm (the tit's of a lens) Nauticam NA-800 Aqutica AD90 housing, coupled with X2 Z240 mofo strobes G.S.E. 360 Ring Flash.