• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Udo van Dongen

Udo van Dongen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:28 AM

What are the chances I could fit one to a Nexus housing?

The Inon has not been getting the reviews I had hoped.

Thanks,
Espen rolleyes.gif

Hi Espen,
If you think you're going to be dissappointed about the Inon viewfinder you should see this thread maybe first. Nunomix wasn't too enthousiastic about the subal and the UK viewfinders. Anyway, i think you should check for yourself. I'm going to Dusseldorf coming friday so i can compare the several viewfinders myself. Not that i'll change my viewfinder: i'm perfectly happy with mine, although it could have looked better.

cheers, Udo

Edited by Udo van Dongen, 23 January 2007 - 07:17 AM.

www.udovandongen.com
Nikon D800, D800E, Hugyfot housing, 15 mm fisheye, 16-35 mm WA, 105mm VR Macro, 60 mm Macro, Subsee +5 an +10 wet diopters, Inon Z-240 strobes (3x), Inon float arms, Nauticam armclamps, Bigblue and Inon focus lights.

check out more photos on the facebook

#22 Tobias

Tobias

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

Here are some additional pictures from the viewfinder:

http://www.flickr.co...life/366840037/

www.BELOW-SURFACE.com - Canon 5D MKII - SEACAM silver

#23 EspenRekdal

EspenRekdal

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

Hi Espen,
If you think you're going to be dissappointed about the Inon viewfinder you should see this thread maybe first. Nunomix wasn't too enthousiastic about the subal and the UK viewfinders. Anyway, i think you should check for yourself. I'm going to Dusseldorf coming friday so i can compare the several viewfinders myself. Not that i'll my viewfinder: i'm perfectly happy with mine, although it could have looked better.

cheers, Udo

Thanks Udo!

I'll do that. And yes I agree that the others look better. In the end I'll go for the best picture and durability. My housings really take a beating in the winter storms here in the north..

Thanks again!

Espen :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D2x, etc etc.. Nauticam housing, Inon z240s, Subtronic Mega Cs and housed Nikon Sb900s...

#24 Nicholas S.

Nicholas S.

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Global Diving

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

i understand correctly ? if i want this viewfinder in my Sea&Sea DX5 housing i must send the housing to UK-GERMANY factory to adapt it ?

#25 Nunomix

Nunomix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Diving and more Diving. UW Photography.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:13 AM

i understand correctly ? if i want this viewfinder in my Sea&Sea DX5 housing i must send the housing to UK-GERMANY factory to adapt it ?

I spoke with the guys from UK-Germany in Dusseldorf and asked the same. They told me they only sell viewfinders for their own housings. What they are doing is proposing other brands to use the UK-Germany housing but the viewfinder would be always sold through the original housing manufacturer.
Nikon D300 / Nikon D700, Tokina 10-17 Fisheye, Nikon AF-S 14-24mm, Nikon 60mm, Nikon 105mm, Sea&Sea MDX-300, S&S TTL Converter, 2xS&S YS-110, S&S Glass Dome Port, S&S Compact Flat Port, S&S Extension Rings SX and 40 Fisheye Focus Light

http:/nunosanches.com/journal

#26 Helge Suess

Helge Suess

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

Hi!

I'm currently discussing (or try to contact) several housing manufacturers. What UK-GERMANY offers is the finder to be licenced to others. That means that a manufacturer may buy it and sell it with the own housing. All data needed for retrofitting will be supplied and there'll be support if the OEM customer needs some changes to the finder mount as well. The finder has been designed to allow some changes at the mount (a part that's not too expensive if made differently in smaller batches).

UK-GERMANY won't retrofit your housing themselves. This would be a too risky job without a deeper knowledge of the backplate design details. Your housing manufacturer is invited to cooperate and will get a finder in return without the risk of spending a huge amount of money on development costs.

Test samples are available for evaluation and will be sent to the manufacturers that already asked for one. If you like to push it a bit (I know, cooperation isn't spread that wide these days) contact your housing manufacturer and ask for the finder.

I'm online until 31st of January to answer requests immediately. You may contact UK-GERMANY directly until 11th of March to get an evaluation sample if you're a housing manufacturer. Please be patient, Uwe at UK-GERMANY speaks and writes poor English. That's why I'm doing the English part of the communication.

Helge ;-)=)
Olympus E-5 in UK-GERMANY housing and a bag full of glass ...

#27 Helge Suess

Helge Suess

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

A last update before I leave for my holidays:
Light & Motion is interested and will get a sample for evaluation. Sea&Sea didn't answer at all. Also, no answer from Nexus so far. Aquatica isn't interested because they want to sell their own (straight) finder only. Maybe they will change their mind if users ask for an angle-finder too. Ikelite doesn't answer right now. I think they have to sort out a few things (I had a long email discussion with Ike who was very interested and wanted a finder for evaluation, I just couldn't provide a sample in time).

There may be a solution by replacing part of the backplate for Sea&Sea housings. Mikedive is working on it.

Helge ;-)=)
Olympus E-5 in UK-GERMANY housing and a bag full of glass ...

#28 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

There may be a solution by replacing part of the backplate for Sea&Sea housings. Mikedive is working on it.

Helge ;-)=)

thanks for the update... would love to get a angled viewfinder for my housing, but just concerned about having one custom installed on my old S&S350D housing and not being able to reuse it in a future housing if I upgrade camera bodies.

Canon 40D, S&S MDX-40D housing, Inon Z-240's
Sony HC7 & Gates Housing

#29 giftie

giftie

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:58 AM

A last update before I leave for my holidays:
Light & Motion is interested and will get a sample for evaluation. Sea&Sea didn't answer at all. Also, no answer from Nexus so far. Aquatica isn't interested because they want to sell their own (straight) finder only. Maybe they will change their mind if users ask for an angle-finder too. Ikelite doesn't answer right now. I think they have to sort out a few things (I had a long email discussion with Ike who was very interested and wanted a finder for evaluation, I just couldn't provide a sample in time).

Helge ;-)=)

Yes, Aquatica's new viewfinder is a straight one [ordered one myself], still if I could adapt the angled viewfinder to the end of the straight one...dream on Jorge...
Jorge Santos
Aquatica D200/Twin DS-125/Hart 250HS/SB-800/10.5DX/12-24DX/17-55DX/105/60/ULCS
Web Gallery