• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gotcha

gotcha

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 09:51 PM

i have the s300 with the canon casing..is it possible to use strobes for this setup..if ever what would be a good buy? thanks in advance

#2 cobra

cobra

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:12 PM

i just asked this questions :), you can take a look at the replies in "sony P1 strobe questions".

the responses will be the same as long as there is a viewport for the camera's internal flash. depending on your housing, you may have additional options.

#3 gotcha

gotcha

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 03:43 AM

thanks cobra...so the ds125 is i think what most ppl recommend...i was just wondering how would one attach the strobe to the camera...? sorry for the lame questions..really just a newbie here..thanks

#4 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 04:18 AM

Do you mean how one would physically attach it? If your housing has a threaded tripod socket on the bottom, you would attach a tray there and attach a handle and/or strobe arm to the tray (see the "Pictures of your rig" thread to get some ideas . . .). When I had my Olympus PT-010 housing, I used an Ultralight Nikonos tray and it fit well.

Mike Oelrich

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#5 cobra

cobra

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 04:45 AM

yes, people here seem to all use the DS, i've heard good things about the sea and sea YS90 DX elsewhere -- was hoping to get some comparison, though people seem to be one or the other.

for connecting physically, you got that answer, otherwise, for making the strobe flash, there's an optical cable that sees the internal flash 'flash'

#6 gotcha

gotcha

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 05:10 AM

thanks very much! i was thinking that too...the tripod socket coz there's no other hole in that casing....i should practice first before getting something new...and while practicing save some money for it..:)