Hi guys i'm very happy to know interest on TLL CONVERTER
I will search to reply to questions:
1) I'm helping Sea&Sea italian deleat to testing new products so i'm a happy owner of Sea&Sea products. My post was only for more informations. Is very important that peolpe know compatibility, differently you can buy wrong products (example that happended to Carol, maybe she could ask to USA Sea&Sea to change the Converter)
2) Tests was maked in 2 different moments: dry - testing the TTL not underwater but on land, very easy to check if the led confirm the right exposition, and UW tests for 2 weeks. I use Nikon D200 Nikon D70 and Fuji S2pro housed in Sea&Sea housing so i can oly speak about this types of camera and TTL CONVERTER for Nikon, i don't have Canon. We tested CONVERTER AND YS-110 because the italian delear had some compatibility problems with differents customers (with Nikon).
3) The TTL CONVERTER II not cover only the new D80. Sure the D80 have a different TTL circuit and Sea&Sea had make an hard job to make the CONVERTER II compatible with it, but the new release of the CONVERTER i think is born not just for this but to make compatibility also with Ys110, diferently with CONVERTER I the YS110 don't works in TTL (we have tried with maybe 10 flash), this explain also why Sea&Sea published on line a new Compatibility list writing that Ys-110 don't works with first release of TTL CONVERTER. First when trying we was sure that the problem was in the Ys110 but after received the new CONVERTER II and tested all changed because the TTL works fine.
4) I know differences betwen S2pro TTL and Nikon Digital TTL. I'm still using sometimes my old S2pro with YS-90 Dx because i love it (expetially for macro), it was my firts Reflex used underwater and i buyed it just for this reason :-), the possibility to use it in TTL with my old flash.
My post was only to inform S2pro Owners that maybe would like to buy an YS-110 :-). The YS-110 attached to the S2pro with a Sea&Sea syncro flash don't work in TTL. If you put the camera in P mode when you turn on the it will give an error, if you use M mode the camera shot but TTL make error and all shot are white (over exposed).
5) TTL CONVERTER I and II are the same out side but not inside :-) The only way, very easy, to know the release it to read the name marked on it in capital letter - FOR THE FIRST RELEASE IS "TTL CONVERTER" for the second is "TTL CONVERTER II".
i find that the TTL CONVERTER is a very good product, i maked good shot with it with some experience
Sea&Sea maked an hard and good work expecially to make compatibility. The only problem was with the First release of the CONVERTER (I), now with the news release (II) the compatibility is ok also with Ys110 how you can see on the new compatibility list
If you use YS-90DX, YS-90AUTO, Ys-120TTL Duo you can use the first release.
we have tested some CONVERTERS with same results but i'm not sure that all pieces of FIRST RELEASE have the incompatibility with Ys110. A good think is to test and to ask informations to your delear, maybe an email to Sea&Sea directly will be the fastest think to do. In any case i suggest to use the second release.
change your TTL CONVERTER to the TTL CONVERTER II and your will be able to shot in ttl with YS-110 (is a very good flash) but i suggest to not use TTL and to put the CONVERTER in manual mode for wideangle shots
Thank you guys, an sorry for my poor english
Edited by erik, 19 January 2007 - 03:02 AM.