• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 moliu

moliu

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:09 AM

I had tested the D2X previously with the original converter and the D2X would do a full dump with no preflsahes, no TTL. I just tested D2X with the converter II and had the same results. Strobe used was a YS-90DX.

In testing the Inon strobes with the Sea and Sea converter and D200, I was getting preflashes and
the compensation dial was stepping the exposure up and down accordingly, but the exposure was overexposed when the converter was set to zero. This test was conducted in our photo booth where we do our product shots for the website. (The boss won't let me go out and dive all day! :) )The Z240 in identical controlled conditions as the YS-90 had a brighter exposure than the YS-90. I know others have posted on this site that they are getting good results with the Z240 and the Sea and Sea TTL converter, but I want to share my results when comparing 2 different strobes in identical shooting conditions.

I've been shooting with a D200 with YS-90 strobes and the converter in both Sea and Sea and Subal housings with the 105VR for macro and the TTL has been spot on. However, I still prefer manual for wide angle.

Hope this helps sort out the TTL confusion. ;)

Jim

I already have two Z240. I'm wondering if I should be getting the converter II. If the Z240 is consistently overexposing, i should be able to compensate with the dials right? So you think it's worth getting the converter?

#82 JimDeck

JimDeck

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

What housing and camera do you have? I have not tested TTL converter II with Z240, but it should be the same. I'll try testing it with compensation to see if I can get it into an acceptable range.

As far as whether I think it is worth getting the converter is something I can't answer for you personally. I have used it and I like it alot while doing macro. I prefer manual for wide angle.

I'll get back to you after the test.

Jim
Jim Decker
Backscatter
http://www.backscatter.com
831-645-1082

#83 erik

erik

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hi guys, returned now from Ningaloo (Western Australia) and tested TTL CONVERTER II with Ys-90 Auto and also YS-110. It's wotk great, lovely for macro and also wide angle shots. I saw also that Sea&Sea changed the compatibility list on web site and new informations are availables.

Here the link to my pictures taked with the converter and a D200 plus Ys-90 Auto

Here pictures from Perth (in the South) always this Nikon D200, TTL CONVERTER II and Ys-100

I like the new CONVERTER i would like now to test more thit a 10,5 mm fish eye and optical dome port.

Bye

#84 photoscubaddict

photoscubaddict

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:23 AM

any comments on the sea and sea ttl converter vs the heinrichs converter

Well, it's exacly the same, as I had the confirmation by Christian Weikamp that it's their circuitry which is in the Sea TTL Converter. By the way, I had the confirmation that, I suppose for some technical reasons, if the curtain is in "rear" mode, the converter does not work in i-ttl.

#85 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1565 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

Well, it's exacly the same, as I had the confirmation by Christian Weikamp that it's their circuitry which is in the Sea TTL Converter. By the way, I had the confirmation that, I suppose for some technical reasons, if the curtain is in "rear" mode, the converter does not work in i-ttl.

If it is the same at Matthias's converter why doesn't it seem to work with the same strobes that Matthias and Christian claim?
BVA

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#86 Jez_Tryner

Jez_Tryner

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

does anyone know if the sea and sea ttl converter works with inon z-240 and which one,i am trying to get some info on this but noone seems to know,
many thanks in advance
regards
Jez
Canon 5d mkII + Canon 10D, Sea and sea housings, 2xInon z-240 + 2xSea and sea ys-90dx, sigma 105mm, 50mm, 12-24mm Canon 17-40mm, Tokina 10-17mm.
Komodo diving - Bali diving - Burma diving - Maldives diving - Sulawesi diving - Raja Ampat diving.

#87 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

does anyone know if the sea and sea ttl converter works with inon z-240 and which one,i am trying to get some info on this but noone seems to know,
many thanks in advance
regards
Jez

which camera are you using?

I can confirm a Canon 400D (XTi), S&S Canon TTL Converter, S&S Housing, and 2x Z-240's work very well.

Canon 40D, S&S MDX-40D housing, Inon Z-240's
Sony HC7 & Gates Housing

#88 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

many thanks in advance
regards
Jez

I have: Subal, D-200, Inon 240's and S & S converter. Works in W/A and macro!
Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.