#1 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:38 AM

Just recieved word that the new Glass "Megadome" ( personally I prefered the 'ULTRADOME") from Aquatica is due for shipping soon. Rec $1249.00 it is pretty reasonable , if it performs half as well as the Aquaviewfinder that I have been testing it will be a winner.

The integrated anti reflection and scratch resistanat coatings are a bonus inclusion at no charge.

I hope to get mine before my next field trip - should be pretty good for under/overs. Looking forward to teaming it up with the Tokina 10-17 zoom fisheye that i have been playing with recently.

Here is some info

Attached Files

#2 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

nice. shame they didn't have it 12 months ago....

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240

#3 bruceterrill

bruceterrill

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

I certainly hope that this press release is more accurate than the last one!
I refer to all the inaccuracies of the report on the 'new' view finder.
Took us 'lay' persons a long time to sort through "information" supplied by different vendors... :blink:
Bruce

#4 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

Press releases are just that, press releases. They are quick info to let people know of a new product available, they are not review, nor archeological track record of compatibility. When in need of more information, most manufacturers (at least us) will provide an e-mail address to help the consumer with any specific question that person might have, in our case it’s the same as the one we used for the viewfinder info@aquatica.ca and member of Wetpixel can also reach me a my PM or/and jean@aquatica.ca

Regards
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#5 loligo

loligo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

So what is the story with Aquatica's new Mega Dome? Anyone know about its eventual availability? It took me nearly three months to get the new viewfinder . . .

Press releases are just that, press releases. They are quick info to let people know of a new product available, they are not review, nor archeological track record of compatibility. When in need of more information, most manufacturers (at least us) will provide an e-mail address to help the consumer with any specific question that person might have, in our case it’s the same as the one we used for the viewfinder info@aquatica.ca and member of Wetpixel can also reach me a my PM or/and jean@aquatica.ca

Regards

#6 Iggy

Iggy

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

Just recieved word that the new Glass "Megadome" ( personally I prefered the 'ULTRADOME") from Aquatica is due for shipping soon.............I hope to get mine before my next field trip - should be pretty good for under/overs.

I bought my Superdome (have had it since year 2000) for the purpose of over/unders, but since I first tested it with my wides I have seldom used my Wide Port or Fisheye Port. These big domes are a bit of work to push around at times, and certainly add some pounds to your baggage weight, but image corner improvement makes the extra effort well worth it. And I see better contrast in big dome shots as well. Crop sensors in particular benefit from 9", or 9-1/4" in this case, domes. In both those cases it's probably something about how the light suffers less bending, but I'm not an engineer so I'll stay away from real suggestions on why an inch or so delivers such improvement :D

#7 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Spring 2007, is still the target, we are still prototyping on flange design, if we want this dome to go to our standard depth rating of 300 ft. we need to design in accordance, and as usual these need time to machine, set up, test... do it again differently.
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#8 loligo

loligo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the candid answer. The viewfinder was well worth the wait . . .

Spring 2007, is still the target, we are still prototyping on flange design, if we want this dome to go to our standard depth rating of 300 ft. we need to design in accordance, and as usual these need time to machine, set up, test... do it again differently.