1 reply to this topic

#1 Otara

Otara

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

Lo all.

I just bought an Ike E300 housing, 14-45 zoom lens, 35mm macro and am busy waiting for my main strobe to arrive. I have the Ike recommended dome and flat port for each lens. I have a +4 dioptre Hoya on the 14-45, as recommended by ike.

I did some testing in natural light and seemed to get some pretty obvious vignetting (as in darker shaded corners not mechanical vignetting) at the 45mm end on the 14-45, when shooting at f3.5 and 1/125. Is this just to be expected or is there something possibly wrong setup wise? Im wondering if I have the wrong kind of dioptre or something like that, or do I just need to try and avoid high f stops if Im using the 45mm end? I can correct it using photoshop fairly easily but be nice to avoid it in the first place where possible.

Im trying really hard to stop convincing myself I really want the 14-54mm, so any help would be appreciated.

Otara

#2 acroporas

acroporas

Beach Bum

• Critter Expert
  • 1776 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:10 AM

I have not used that particular setup so I can not say if it is to be expected but here are some things to try to pinpoint the problem.

On land with camera not in the housing shoot @ 45mm without diopter and with the diopter. Then shoot on land with the housing and port on with and without the diopter. Then shoot underwater with and without the water.
William

Canon 5D Ikelite Housing and strobes
15FE | 24/2.8 | 35/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 150/2.8 macro