• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shark6047

shark6047

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

Thank you up front for information that I've garnered from your site prior to registration.
My name is Ed Blackshaw, this website and the information contained on it is great. I've been scuba diving for about 17 years and have been a part time instructor for the past two years.
I finally started taking pictures and even just bought a strobe which was a big leap (investment) for me. I'm lucky enough to be stationed on Oahu (USMC) so I get to dive every week with my lovely wife. No kids yet so we still have lots of free time. We just spent a week on Maui and I was able to get a few good pictures out of the trip. Once I figure out how to get them posted I'll post them.
Anyway, I look forward to hopefully becoming a productive member.
Semper Fi
Ed

Edited by shark6047, 21 February 2007 - 04:34 PM.

Ed Blackshaw
My pictures

Canon 30d, Ikelite Housing w/2 DS125s
Tokina 12-24, Canon 60, and 100mm macro

#2 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hey Ed, you must be my neighbor! I live in Kaneohe. Anyways, I am kinda new to Oahu too, just been here for a year, but I like it a lot so far.

Good to have you here, you should post some of your photos in the gallery section.

Luiz

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#3 shark6047

shark6047

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

I'll try and add a couple pictures tonight after work. I actually live over in Mililani, I'm working on this side of the island up on Wheeler AAF. I love the Kailua/Kaneohe area though, I was stationed over there for 6 years in the early 90's.
I'm just happy to be back in the islands!
Ed Blackshaw
My pictures

#4 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

Ed,
Welcome to wetpixel. I'll be on Oahu next Tuesday however I'm a little bummed. :) The customer originally planned 2 days of meetings...Wednesday and Thursday. So I planned to stay through Saturday and dive on Friday. I just received an email today that they want to meet on Friday as well.
Meeting times 9AM - 11AM Wednesday (I wonder if I could make the boat in time?) :glare:
Thursday 10AM to Noon - I'm almost certain I miss the afternoon boat on this one. :(
Friday Noon - 2PM - No chance for even a decent snorkel outting. :excl:

I guess I'll settle for sneaking out Wednesday Afternoon and then enjoy the beach the rest of the week. Life is hard :o
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#5 shark6047

shark6047

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

ce4jesus,
Shoot me an e-mail : shark6047@hotmail.com
We might be doing a night dive out of Hawaii Kai, cost is about 75 bucks for 2 tanks and the boat ride. Pretty good group of divers, like diving with friends you've known for awhile.
Anyway, I'll check with the guy who normally books it.
-ed
Ed Blackshaw
My pictures