• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markh

markh

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 06:19 AM

I am looking to plan a weeks trip at Easter with wife and kids. We need somewhere with decent facilities for kids but also want somewhere we can get some decent diving. We are undecided at moment but may take a Nanny to 'sit' whilst Deb & I dive, although this depends on how good the diving is likely to be. We quite like the look of Cuba and have seen some decent hotels on the Atlantic side (Coco) that have dive centres.

Does anybody have any experience of diving the Atlantic side of Cuba? I believe the Caribbean side is excellent for diving although not geared up for family type holidays.

Alternative countries would also be considered.

Any help/suggestions?

Mark B)
Dirk Pitt taught me everything!!!!
E10/Titan housing/1 x Sea & Sea 90 Duo

#2 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 06:32 AM

There were two articles on Cuba in the last year. I was actually reading them but all the talk was interms of the non-Atlantic side. I do know that the Atlantic side, assuming that is where the resorts are situated, is tres inexpensive. Especially for you fellows with the pound as a form of currency.
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#3 markh

markh

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, all the good reports seem to relate to the caribbean side, which just worries me a little about possibly going to the Atlantic side.

If this ends up a bust will consider other locations.

Answers on a postcard please folks.

Mark
Dirk Pitt taught me everything!!!!
E10/Titan housing/1 x Sea & Sea 90 Duo